Payments Partnership Manager
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable, fast-growing financial technology company powering the future of financial services. Our comprehensive suite of innovative and scalable embedded payments, cards, and lending products deliver financial services for millions of businesses and consumers around the globe. Cross River is backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with its partners, Cross River is reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 6 years. The reason for this success is simple – our nimble and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, and we invite passionate, collaborative, and motivated high performers to join our expanding team.
What We're Looking For
We are looking for someone to manage and build upon our existing client partnerships. You will hit the ground running on high impact partnerships with exposure to various teams across Cross River. You will be asked to wear many hats. You will need to quickly learn our business and ecosystems as well as our clients. Your relationships (both internally and externally) and decision-making skills will be put to task; you will need to handle vague and nuanced situations. You will be our front line to our Fintech/Payments clients and need to be able to quickly build trust.
- Be the primary non-operational designated point of contact for our Payments clients in lifecycle
- Develop / enhance our firm’s relationships with our Payments clientele, at multiple levels per client
- Perform monthly review as well as quarterly business review (QBR) with Client
- Review progress related to any outstanding issues and opportunities
- Stay up to speed on our client’s business model, strategy, and market performance, identifying upsell/cross-sell opportunities
- Review client accounts to ensure AML\BSA regulations are being observed through the different review periods.
- Advocate for our clients within the firm; liaise with other departments to resolve issues, implement changes, and integrate technology.
- Work with legal counsel to draft contracts that are up for renewal, and amendments to existing contracts.
- Perform periodic visits (as needed) to deepen relationships and engage in strategic planning
- Relevant experience managing high-profile relationships in commerce, payments, fintech, international payments, and/or banking
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Deep experience/exposure to the payments industry inclusive of pricing, network schemes, flow of funds, technologies, leading global players, emerging trends, and regulatory nuances
- A broad understanding of the fintech space, nuances, and challenges, and how Cross River can leverage the best-in-class solutions to grow its financial solutions offering
- Agility and adaptability in a rapidly growing, constantly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals, respond to time-sensitive regulatory requests, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and a self-started mindset
- Ability to multitask without getting overwhelmed,
- Extreme resourcefulness and excellent communication skills
- A learner’s mindset and the ability to pick up new information quickly
- A genuine excitement for solving client’s problems in an ever-changing environment
- Willingness to travel
Salary Range: $125,000.00 - $150,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.