Business Risk Analyst, Payments
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable, fast-growing financial technology company powering the future of financial services. Our comprehensive suite of innovative and scalable embedded payments, cards, and lending products deliver financial services for millions of businesses and consumers around the globe. Cross River is backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with its partners, Cross River is reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 6 years. The reason for this success is simple – our nimble and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, and we invite passionate, collaborative, and motivated high performers to join our expanding team.
What We're Looking For
Fill in this portion with job/department-specific info.
- Review Due Diligence memos and client documentation for new client onboarding, from an AML/KYC and Risk perspective.
- Conduct Ongoing Monitoring and Oversight over existing relationships, including shadow underwriting and/or sampling/QA based on CRB’s risk-based approach.
- Ensure information is accurate, complete and in-line with existing CRB Policies and Procedures.
- Review and advise on high-risk features within the client structure, including (but not limited to) the client’s proposed flow of funds, expected activity, regulatory structure and licensing requirements and general company background information.
- Review complex products and services arranged with clients within the Payments, Merchant Acquiring and/or Fintech spaces
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, including Business Development, Partnership Management teams and other areas of the Control framework, including Risk, Compliance, BSA/AML and Operations.
- Provide guidance and advice on due diligence requirements from a risk-based approach.
- Assist the Business in implementation of Due Diligence process.
- Knowledge of banking and payments products and services, including payments flows, virtual currency companies, MSB structures, NACHA and Card network structures, among others.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience working within a due diligence or client onboarding framework within a Financial Institution, Payfac, MSB or general Payments industry.
- Background knowledge of AML, Compliance and Risk programs.
- Experience or familiarity with merchant acquiring and merchant underwriting.
- Ability to manage complexity, multi-task and deliver solutions on a tight deadline.
- Strong work-ethic with ability to deliver quickly with minimal manager direction, take ownership and work independently.
- Experience working within a strong regulatory/control environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Willingness to build and shape a program from the ground-up.
- Overall positive disposition.
- Strong interpersonal relationship and partnership skills.
- Thoughtful approach and ability to create and validate new solutions.
- Experience or familiarity with Fintech or startup culture
- Basic technology knowledge and prior experience working with third party technology providers (i.e., client onboarding/KYC vendors)
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent job experience
Salary Range: $65,000.00 - $90,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.