Bank Compliance Quality Control Manager
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable, fast-growing financial technology company powering the future of financial services. Our comprehensive suite of innovative and scalable embedded payments, cards, and lending products deliver financial services for millions of businesses and consumers around the globe. Cross River is backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with its partners, Cross River is reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 6 years. The reason for this success is simple – our nimble and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, and we invite passionate, collaborative, and motivated high performers to join our expanding team.
What We're Looking For
As the Manager of the Quality Control (QC) Team in the Compliance Function, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the accuracy, consistency, and adherence to regulatory requirements in the work conducted by the compliance testing, complaints, quality monitoring, and marketing compliance functions. Your primary responsibility will be to establish and lead a dedicated team that reviews and assesses compliance-related activities, identifies potential risks and issues, and collaborates with other compliance teams to implement necessary improvements. By overseeing the QC process, you will contribute to the bank's overall compliance excellence and reputation.
- QC Protocol and Guidelines:
- Develop, implement, and continuously update comprehensive QC protocols, procedures, and guidelines for each area of compliance activity, including compliance testing, complaints handling, quality monitoring, and marketing compliance.
- Ensure these protocols align with relevant regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Provide training and guidance to the QC Team and other compliance teams on these protocols.
- Conducting Reviews and Assessments:
- Gain a strong understanding of the processes and flows of the compliance testing, complaints, quality monitoring, and marketing teams.
- Regularly review compliance testing, complaints, quality monitoring, and marketing compliance reports, workpapers, and processes to identify potential errors, inconsistencies, or non-compliance issues.
- Use risk-based approaches to prioritize reviews based on potential impact on the bank's compliance posture and regulatory expectations.
- Ensure the QC process is consistently applied across all compliance functions.
- Collaboration and Feedback:
- Work closely with compliance managers, officers, and teams to provide timely and constructive feedback on identified issues and deviations from established protocols.
- Use effective negotiation skills to drive alignment, resolve conflict, and provide recommendations/updates to the respective compliance programs.
- Collaborate with compliance teams to develop action plans for addressing identified issues and implementing necessary improvements.
- Facilitate knowledge-sharing sessions to enhance understanding of compliance requirements and best practices.
- Compliance Reporting:
- Prepare comprehensive reports on QC findings, including an analysis of trends and areas for improvement.
- Present QC reports to the compliance management team and relevant stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Ensure compliance with internal reporting requirements and timelines.
- Process Improvement:
- Continuously improve the QC process by analyzing data, identifying process bottlenecks, and suggesting enhancements to existing protocols and procedures.
- Proactively contribute to the development and implementation of process improvement initiatives across the compliance function.
- Compliance Oversight:
- Work closely with the Director of Compliance Programs and/or Compliance Officer to provide updates on QC activities and outcomes.
- Participate in compliance committee meetings to share insights, discuss findings, and propose solutions to improve overall compliance performance.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes and developments relevant to the banking industry and compliance activities.
- Ensure that the QC Team and compliance functions remain compliant with all applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. A higher degree or relevant certifications (e.g., CRCM) is a plus.
- Proven experience in compliance, risk management, or audit, with a minimum of 6+ years of experience in a managerial or leadership role.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex compliance data and identify trends or patterns.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team, manage priorities, and meet deadlines.
Salary Range: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.