Enterprise Risk Analyst
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable, fast-growing financial technology company powering the future of financial services. Our comprehensive suite of innovative and scalable embedded payments, cards, and lending products deliver financial services for millions of businesses and consumers around the globe. Cross River is backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with its partners, Cross River is reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 6 years. The reason for this success is simple – our nimble and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, and we invite passionate, collaborative, and motivated high performers to join our expanding team.
What We're Looking For
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) supports the achievement of Cross River’s objectives by addressing the risks to which the Bank is exposed in alignment with the Bank’s risk appetite. ERM is designed to identify potential events that may impact Cross River, and manage risk within the Bank’s approved risk appetite. ERM helps to ensure that there is appropriate balance between risk and reward in the firm’s activities. To achieve this balance, Cross River must identify, assess, manage, control, monitor, and report its risk in a consistent and timely manner.
We are currently looking for a Risk Appetite and Reporting Analyst to join our ERM team to work in a dynamic environment. This analyst will have responsibilities for both the Risk Appetite and Issue Management ERM Frameworks. The candidate must be self-motivated, results-driven, and be comfortable working with people. If you are a sharp thinker and problem solver, this is a rewarding career opportunity for you. The ERM team cares about building partnerships, and we have fun doing it. If you like challenging problems, are analytical, and a great team player—we want to hear from you!
- Recognize, understand, and analyze issues, root causes, patterns, or trends that could result in risk to the organization. Evaluate and challenge (where appropriate) corrective actions proposed by the business to remediate issues consistent with bank policy and strategic objectives.
- Support the business units with the management of risk and the integration of ERM Issue Management Program. Action any issues or remediation plans requiring 2nd line review.
- Assist in maintenance of Archer GRC tool for Risk Appetite reporting of Key Risk Indicators (“KRIs”)
- Assist ERM Director with the coordination/preparation of reporting and trending analysis of Risk Appetite Metrics and Issue Management data to senior leadership and board-level committees.
- Aid and support in providing organization wide ERM training, as applicable.
- Maintain internal policies, procedures, and other related documents, and coordinate ERM activities as directed with other department stakeholders.
- Stay well informed of industry updates, new regulations, and best practices relating to risk management.
- Additional projects as needed.
- BA/BS Degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft’s suite applications.
- Strong technological/analytical skills; knowledge of Archer or similar GRC tool(s) preferred.
- Any banking or fintech background helpful.
- Experience analyzing operational, regulatory, legal, fraud, reputation, strategic, and transaction risk, and/or knowledge of banking operations/regulations a plus!
- Proactive approach to day-to-day activities
- Awareness of or prior participation in an enterprise issue management program
- Build/Development of reporting processes
- Process re-engineering and requirement development for risk frameworks
- Ability to develop tailored and bespoke reporting, including trending analysis.
- Understanding of fintech business and general compliance requirements Thrives on working with, and in, leading others in a “hands-on” capacity sharing best practices and coaching/training for future development.
- An energetic and performance-oriented individual with well-developed critical thinking skills, attention to detail and a bias for action.
- Strong organization, communication, and team-oriented skills. Ability to delineate prioritization of tasks without instruction.
- Ability to collaborate across the first, second and third lines of defense and execute on priorities, influence change, and deliver results.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies and clearly explain them to others.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
Salary Range: $65,000.00 - $95,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.