Accounting Policy Senior Associate
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable, fast-growing financial technology company powering the future of financial services. Our comprehensive suite of innovative and scalable embedded payments, cards, and lending products deliver financial services for millions of businesses and consumers around the globe. Cross River is backed by leading investors and serves the world’s most essential fintech and technology companies. Together with its partners, Cross River is reshaping global finance and financial inclusion.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 6 years. The reason for this success is simple – our nimble, and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, and we invite passionate, collaborative, and motivated, high performers to join our expanding team.
What We're Looking For
Cross River’s Accounting Policy team reports directly into the Controllership function within the Finance department. As an Accounting Policy Associate, you will play a key role in continuing to build the Accounting Policy function. The successful candidate will be a key contact to businesses and Accounting teams seeking accounting guidance on complex and unusual transactions, monitor new accounting pronouncements and evaluate impact to the Company, collaborate with businesses to interpret new and modified contracts terms and the impact on accounting recognition, and keep organized documentation through memorandum and tracking for submission to senior leadership.
This role is a highly visible role with opportunity to learn about different business structure and deals, in addition to collaborating with various departments and external auditors. The role reports directly into the Accounting Policy Manager.
- Review new business contracts and business products to ensure
accounting impact is properly captured.
- Evaluate existing contracts to ensure proper booking models are applied.
- Assist with the review of year-end US GAAP financial statements from a policy perspective and provide insight and comments to preparers.
- Collaborate with Accounting on a monthly basis to provide booking guidance on complex entries and transactions.
- Provide accounting and process improvement guidance based on prior year audit concerns
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including, auditors and internal departments such as Capital Markets, Credit and Risk Management.
- CPA required
- 5+ years of relevant experience in financial reporting, SEC Reporting or Accounting Policy
- Demonstrable knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent written, analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to obtain facts, understand business structure, articulate the accounting guidance and requirements and communicate conclusion reached to stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex financial concepts to all stakeholders.
- Proactive and organized with a positive mindset.
Salary Range: $125,000.00 - $135,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.