Capital Markets Associate
Who We Are
CRB Group, a New Jersey Financial Holding Company, is the parent company of two subsidiaries for which the ideal candidate will hold responsibilities.
The first, Cross River Bank (“CRB”), is fundamentally changing the way fintech companies do business. As venture-backed pioneers of the platform-based financial services model known as the “partner bank,” we’re building the best banking and technology products for our fintech partners - empowering them to grow, thrive, and better serve their customers. We’re currently working with over a dozen fintech firms of all sizes, ranging from unicorns with billion dollar valuations to seed round companies.
The second, CRB Securities (“CRBS”) is a startup broker-dealer that was formed to help solve the financing needs of both innovative originators and investors looking to access the capital markets through the issuance of securities.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an individual with a passion for financial technology (fintech) and the desire to deepen his or her understanding of the financial markets as an Associate on the Capital Markets Team. The Capital Markets Team is focused on sourcing and fostering the demand side of a tech-enabled, transparent marketplace for high quality assets. Above all else, we value organization, process, and creativity to build new products/tools to create better technology-driven solutions for our clients and customers.
This role can be summarized as a combination of responsibilities associated with traditional sales and trading, investment banking, portfolio management and product management roles, and the ideal candidate will possess a diverse skillset in order to fit this mold.
- Perform day-to-day activities including supporting the Bank’s financing (asset sales and securitizations) and investing (purchasing and selling securities) initiatives.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with multiple internal Finance (Accounting, FP&A, Treasury) and Technology (Product, Engineering, Data Science) teams, as well as the Quantitative Strategies, Asset Management, and Direct Lending groups that sit within the Capital Solutions group to execute on the Capital Markets team’s goals.
- Analyze large consumer loan and macroeconomic datasets to develop sensible modeling inputs and strategize on portfolio management/disposition
- Support the development and crafting of thorough investment memos that analyze the merits and risks of proposed fixed income investments.
- Assist in whole loan trading duties including asset selection, data operations, pricing, and legal with external counterparties, working with outside counsel, bankers, asset managers, and key transaction stakeholders.
- 3 - 5 years of experience at a fintech operator or investment bank is preferred, but will consider all backgrounds
- Creative, ambitious self-starter with a deep entrepreneurial spirit
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, or Business is preferred, but all disciplines will be considered
- Advanced MS Excel (pivot tables, data tables, macros, statistical functions, financial analysis functions) is a plus
- Excellent communication skills: including graphically, numerically, verbally, and in written form.
- Ability to effectively manage people, processes, and projects
- Knowledge of fixed income and structured products. Experience in debt capital markets (at an investment bank, hedge fund, rating agency, or issuer) is a plus.
- Knowledge of statistical programming languages (e.g., Python/R/SQL) is a plus.
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
Salary Range: $125,000 - $175,000
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.
Something looks off?