Payroll & Benefits Specialist (Contract)
Who We Are
At Cross River, we’re building the best banking and technology products for fintechs, all through APIs. As venture-backed pioneers of the platform-based financial services model known as the sponsor, or partner, bank, we work closely with our partners to offer products such as payments rails and loan origination services to the latest in regulatory and compliance solutions. What drives us every day? A desire to innovate in the service of financial inclusion. Giving access to consumers, whether they are looking for credit or for a better way to pay has been in our DNA from day one. Our nimble, adaptive, one-step ahead culture is powered by our people, and as a result of their creativity, tech-forward thinking and collaborative spirit, we are experiencing explosive growth.
What we are looking for
This person will be responsible for payroll processing, employee benefits, and assisting employees with payroll and benefits questions and issues, reporting directly to the Payroll and Benefits Manager.
The incumbent must possess the following skills and attributes: strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with people at all levels of an organization; effective oral and written communication skills; knowledge of office administration procedures with an ability to be detail-oriented and highly organized; high level of skill in handling sensitive and confidential situations/information with the demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality. This candidate will also be responsible for assisting with the Bank’s policies and procedures and keeping up with changes in Federal Regulations.
· Independently process semi-monthly payroll for multiple company codes
· Collect and verify timesheets
· Support payroll compliance by updating payroll procedures and participating in various internal and external audits
· Process new hires, terminations and leaves in ADP Workforce Now
· Answer, timely and effectively, employee payroll and benefit inquiries
· Review benefit enrollments for accuracy and coordinate enrollment with third party providers when necessary
· Review monthly invoices and work with vendors to keep all information accurate and up to date
· Be aware and cognizant of all Federal and State Regulations including FMLA, Family Leave, etc.
· Review and respond to unemployment claims and employment verifications with appropriate documentation
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Back up the Benefits Specialist and have in depth knowledge of our benefits policies
· 5 years of experience
· Superb organizational skills
· Ability to perform job functions accurately and with great attention to detail
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
· Proficiency in ADP Workforce Now and, ideally, other enterprise HR/payroll systems
· Strong reporting skills
· Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented and high-volume environment
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.
Something looks off?