Business Risk BSA/AML Operations Director
Who We Are:
Cross River is a highly profitable fast-growing financial technology company recognized for the third year in a row by CB Insights as one of the 250 best global fintechs. Our comprehensive suite of innovative products powers financial solutions with a strong focus on regulatory compliance for our partners and their millions of consumers around the world.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 4 consecutive years. The reason for this success is simple --- our nimble, adaptive, and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation in financial services, and we invite collaborative and motivated high performers to join our rapidly expanding team.
What we’re looking for:
Cross River’s Fintech Business, as part of the first line of defense, is looking for a Director to assess due diligence of prospective clients against BSA/AML requirements, CRB’s risk appetite, and requirements from our 2nd line of defense Policies and Procedures. As part of the Fintech team, you will play a key role. The Director of Business BSA/AML Diligence and Operations will manage and lead a staff delivering best-in-class AML and OFAC regulatory requirements to our Fintech partners across all lines of business: Payments, Cards/Banking as a Service (BaaS), and Marketplace Lending.
- Develop and improve upon the Governance and Onboarding framework, including metrics and reporting, to inform senior management in a timely manner of emerging issues for prompt action and correction
- Lead and manage a geographically diverse staff of hybrid employees responsible for the daily execution of due diligence reviews of Payment, Cards/BaaS and Marketplace Lending partners.
- Oversees and manages network and regulatory requirements to ensure the Bank’s obligations are being met.
- Interacts with other Lines of Business and stakeholders to communicate supportable use cases, risk rating and partner onboarding experiences.
- Collaborates with senior management in developing strategy, business plans/objectives for the team.
- Responsible for management functions including new employee selection, employee development, performance evaluation and corrective action
- Maintain awareness of national and world events and industry trends through press releases, real-time monitoring, and collaborative relationships with other LOBs, internal or external watch lists or other relevant sources to mitigate the company s reputation or regulatory risk.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 years’ experience working within the financial services industry, FinTech experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Network, NACHA, BSA and AML laws and regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA Patriot Act and OFAC requirements
- 4 or more years of direct team lead supervisory or management experience
- Knowledge of financial fraud and applicable state and federal laws, payments, MSBs, correspondent banking and complex customer types and product offerings
- Experience reviewing, editing, and coaching on due diligence reviews of our FinTech partners
- Works cooperatively with the business, legal partners, audit, and other risk disciplines across the organization.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, written and verbal to include communications to executive management
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Two or more years experience engaging with audit, federal regulators, and industry associations
- Demonstrated ability in developing and maintaining relevant metrics and reporting to effectively measure and enhance function performance across the department
- Two or more years managing multiple deliverables in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
Salary Range: $160,000.00 - $170,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.
Something looks off?