Senior Data Engineer
Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable fast-growing financial technology company recognized for the fourth year in a row by CB Insights as one of the 250 best global fintech’s. Our comprehensive suite of innovative products powers financial solutions with a strong focus on regulatory compliance for our partners and their millions of consumers around the world.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion, and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 5 consecutive years. The reason for this success is simple — our nimble, adaptive, and collaborative culture. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation in financial services, and we invite collaborative and motivated high performers to join our rapidly expanding team.
About Our Team
Cross River’s team is made up of problem solvers hungry to build and perfect new products and systems. We work with team members in most US time zones. Although we are in separate places, we still make space to know one another and have fun! We collaborate, help, and mentor each other, and check in on our progress and blocks frequently.
What We’re Looking for
We are hiring a Senior Data Engineer that will report to the Director – Enterprise Systems. The ideal candidate has a Software and Data Engineering background focused on executing and supporting our data systems. You will be responsible for building batch/distributed and real-time highly available pipelines while ensuring data quality is constantly maintained via DataOps best practices and be represented as a key contributor on implementation of our enterprise data model. The data engineer works with Cross River’s functional leads and external partners to ingest or extract data from our systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise especially in the data architecture space and help projects through the entire systems development lifecycle from requirements through release to production.
- Establish data conversion strategy as needed.
- Lead data conversion efforts including understanding data conversion nuances for HR and Finance, risks, provide thought leadership around mitigating risks, resolving issues and providing and communicating optimal solutions.
- Train and mentor less experienced team members.
- Assist CRB in fully integrating best practices as regards to data into the ecosystem.
- Advise on risks, and any impacts related to data conversion.
- Answer all inquiries on a timely basis
- Complete tasks efficiently and in a timely manner
- Responsible for key communication to project and CRB leadership
- Report progress to CRB project managers
- Continually seek ways to improve the process of delivering solutions
- Share knowledge to continually improve implementation methodology
- Provide quality formal and informal documentation consistent with documentation standards
- Close attention to detail
- Build fault tolerant, self-healing, adaptive and highly accurate data pipelines
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of data engineering to build and support non-interactive (batch, distributed) & real-time, highly available data, data pipeline and technology capabilities
- Institute data quality checks and implement monitoring in the pipelines to ensure confidence in the data
- Be a key contributor to the data modeling of the data warehouse
- Champion the automation of all data, tool, and cloud infrastructure processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience as a Software engineer with a strong Data focus or similar role
- 5+ years writing SQL with a strong understanding of 3NF, dimensional and denormalized data modeling (experience with DBT is a plus)
- 5+ years using Python, Pandas and Pyspark
- 2+ years’ experience in Java
- Experience with data privacy, security and regulatory concerns related to data management in Financial Services industries
- Experience with HR and Finance data a plus
- Working experience of Workday HCM and finance modules a plus
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Salary Range: $120,000.00-$160,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.
Something looks off?