Sr. Staff Software Engineer, Back End
Posted on Friday, October 6, 2023
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the organization’s software engineers, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Make technical decisions that affect multiple teams and across organizational boundaries for features, projects, modules, and services across all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Lead architectural discussions and contribute to the overall technical direction of the client-side applications, advocating for best practices and innovative solutions.
- Optimize software performance, identifying and resolving bottlenecks via monitoring, logging, and metrics to enhance the user experience.
- Act as a strong advocate for clean, scalable, high-performing, secure, and reliable software services, in all areas, including coding, documentation, automation, etc.
- Identify and implement critical non-functional requirements (Availability, Security, Performance, Scalability, and Observability), and improve automated test strategies, build and deploy processes to enable speedy and reliable continuous integration.
- Collaborate with other organizational teams to ensure seamless integration and deployment of server-side applications, automating and enhancing build, test, and deployment processes.
- Communicate effectively with all technical and non-technical partners and stakeholders (Architecture, Developer Experience, Product, Design, Analytics, Legal, Marketing, etc.) as well as within your team to ensure shared understanding around the new products and features under consideration.
- Conduct formal and informal code reviews, providing constructive feedback to team members to ensure code quality and adherence to clean and scalable coding principles.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry standards, tools, and technologies related to client-side development, observability, and DevOps practices, and drive their adoption within the team.
- Participate in program planning, influencing the product and technology roadmap and driving outcomes.
- 12+ years of professional experience in software development, with a strong emphasis on development of large-scale and performant Web applications.
- Solid understanding of the possibilities and limitations of the modern web across all device types and form factors
- Experience in building responsive, accessible, and mobile-friendly user interfaces
- Strong attention to detail, as well as a passion for delivering high-quality software solutions and compelling customer experiences
- Strong problem-solving skills, possessing the ability to work independently or collaboratively to analyze and address complex technical challenges
- Ability to mentor and up level team members
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and those in non-technical roles, such as marketing, finance, and legal
- Experience with modern software development practices, version control systems, and agile methodologies