Director, Tax-Global Credits/Incentives
Katy, TX, USA · Texas, USA · United States
Posted on Sunday, October 1, 2023
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. Job Description Summary:PayPal’s Corporate Tax Department is seeking an experienced indirect tax professional who will ensure PayPal is taking advantage of existing global indirect credits and incentives (C&I) opportunities as well as monitor and identify additional possibilities to pursue new credits or incentives. This position, reporting to the Sr. Director, Indirect Tax, will manage PayPal’s various US and global credit and incentive programs and related compliance requirements, including ownership of all US sales tax refund projects. This will include managing the relationships and activities of any items outsourced to external providers. In addition, this position will work alongside and support our existing Americas (US, Canada, LatAm) indirect tax planning function on matters as they arise. You, the ideal candidate, will have the personal drive, passion, and enthusiasm to both understand and successfully navigate a fast-growing company in a rapidly evolving marketplace. You will have a hands-on style – one that looks to become personally involved in all elements of managing your functional responsibility, and who seeks to develop like-minded future leaders with similar capabilities. You are a self-starter with the ability to operate independently and manage multiple completing priorities and deadlines. Job Description: Key Responsibilities:
- Act as the single point of contact for all global C&I and US sales tax refund matters within PayPal.
- Day-to-day management of credit and incentive compliance and ensuring timely and accurate submission of all filings.
- Maintain concurrent, audit-ready workpapers and financial records for all C&I filings.
- Day-to-day management of US sales tax refunds and ensuring timely and accurate submission of all related filings.
- Management of tax authority relationships and inquires in respect of C&I and refunds.
- Implementation of an effective management framework / SOP around C&I and refund opportunities.
- Continuously improve compliance processes resulting in further standardization across jurisdictions and regions; facilitate centralization, and design new, enhanced processes where appropriate.
- Evaluate, recommend and support technology automation, data analytics and dashboarding.
- Monitor new tax developments and identify new C&I or refund opportunities as well as any impact on existing submissions.
- Manage relationships with PayPal’s Corporate Tax, Controllership, Accounting and other relevant teams as well as external providers.
- Provide regular operational updates to key stakeholders including success metrics and calendar of potential payments / refunds.
- Support of Americas indirect tax audits (sales / use / property tax).
- Involvement in various indirect tax planning-related projects on an as-needed basis. These may include M&A deals or other business structuring projects, new product launches, software implementations, etc.
- Self-motivated; able to operate independently to achieve business goals.
- Innovative with a problem resolution focus and strong communication and presentation skills.
- Team player with excellent project management capabilities.
- Detailed knowledge of global indirect tax and relevant direct tax concepts / compliance obligations.
- 12+ years of relevant, progressive professional tax compliance experience, either in industry or with a service provider.
- Good understanding of IT systems and relevant software packages.
- Fluent in English – written and spoken. Any additional language is an asset.
- Excellent communication across cultures and within a virtual working environment.