Software Engineer Intern
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. Job Description Summary:At PayPal, we’re literally reinventing how the world pays and gets paid. We understand that it’s about people. We connect individuals to let them shop, get paid, donate and send money using today’s technology with the confidence that comes from the security and control PayPal enables. Are you ready to help us change the world? The world’s leading payments company, PayPal, brings together a family of brands that are revolutionizing the way people move money. At PayPal you will be immersed in an amazing community with a vibrant culture that thrives on innovation, collaboration, inclusion and wellness. Software Engineer Interns at PayPal develop innovative solutions and high-quality products that touch millions of people every day. Our engineers solve some of the most complex technical problems in the world of connected payments across multiple business units, (including PayPal, Braintree, Venmo, Paydiant). We are looking for the highest levels of technical talent and programming skills, as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability. Job Description: Key Responsibilities:
- Code high-volume and scalable software (front-end and/or back-end focused). This may include creating web applications using React/Node, creating back-end services using Java, SQL, ReST and/or building and developing new user-facing experiences
- Partner closely with cross functional teams in design, product and other business units
- Strong applied experience. You’ve built, broken, and rebuilt software applications. We’re looking for creative thinkers who also know how to create real-world products.
- Familiarity with any or multiple of the following: Node.js applications, Java, C++. Python
- Understanding of concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs
- A constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things
- This is a Summer 2024 Internship program. Spring and Fall 2024 internships are not available.
- Must currently be pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Must be returning to school in the Fall of 2024.
- Must reside in the U.S. during the Summer internship program.
- Must be able to obtain authorization to work in the U.S. for the summer.