Social Media Manager
Marketing & Communications
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. Job Description Summary:Social Media Manager dedicated to PayPal's TikTok channel Job Description:THE ROLE Position OverviewWe are looking for an experienced social media manager to play a pivotal role in the management of PayPal’s social media channels, with a specific focus on TikTok. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can hit the ground running, working to adapt PayPal’s marketing strategy for TikTok and leading the launch of this new channel within PayPal’s social media portfolio. This role is responsible for the day-to-day management of PayPal’s global TikTok accounts, including planning, scheduling and publishing content, as well as serving as a key contact for internal stakeholders and external agencies to deliver best-in-class social media work that engages and inspires our followers. Responsibilities
- Design and implement PayPal’s global TikTok strategy including content ideation, creation, posting and community management.
- Responsible for management of the editorial calendar, some content production, scheduling content and quality assurance.
- Serve as a key point of contact with creative agencies, influencers and content creators, providing strategic guidance, ideas and feedback during content development process. Act as the conduit between the partners and internal stakeholders and responsible for quality assurance upon delivery of all final assets.
- Own the legal review process for all TikTok content and responsible for ensuring all legal feedback is properly addressed.
- Own and distribute monthly channel and content reporting to demonstrate channel growth, engagement, and optimization plans. Develop and maintain specific TikTok benchmarks and metrics to ensure a high performance focus.
- Primary POC for external community management agency, providing guidance and approval on engagements.
- Acts as a key point of contact for cross-functional teams, including consumer marketing, merchant marketing, corporate communications, brand communications, talent acquisition and customer service.
- 5-7 years of experience in social media marketing; experience specifically managing and creating content on TikTok for a brand is strongly preferred.
- An "expert" in the online space, with a strong eye for social trends and platforms developments
- A digital native who is comfortable translating messaging to live naturally in social spaces, while adhering to channel best practices
- An experienced content creator, with capability to both produce video assets and video concepts for agency or content-creator execution
- Ability to adhere to brand voice and values to interact in an engaging, conversational, professional tone
- Team player across functions and borders - collaborative, consultative, collegiate and willing to navigate a complex organization
- Self-driven, hard-working and resourceful
- Impeccable attention to detail, very high-quality standards and robust principles when it comes to content quality and brand integrity
- Ability to brainstorm and suggest ideas for social content, both planned and in the moment
- Experience with social media reporting and analysis; ability to identify trends and insights and use them to make recommendations