VP, Global Compliance
Head of Compliance (VP)(New York, Hybrid)
Build Your Career | Have Fun | Make a Difference
Payoneer’s mission is to empower businesses to go beyond– beyond borders, limits and expectations. In today’s digital world, Payoneer enables any business of any size from anywhere to access new economic opportunities by making it possible to transact as easily globally as they do locally.
Payoneer’s digital payments platform streamlines global commerce for millions of small businesses, marketplaces and enterprises from over 200 countries and territories. Leveraging robust technology, compliance, operations and banking infrastructure, Payoneer delivers a suite of services that includes cross-border payments, working capital, tax solutions and risk management. Powering growth for customers ranging from aspiring entrepreneurs in emerging markets to the world’s leading brands like Airbnb, Amazon, Google and Upwork, Payoneer makes global commerce easy and secure.
Payoneer is looking for a Head of Compliance, reporting directly to the Chief Compliance Officer, to join an extremely fast-growing global Fintech business. The Head of Compliance is a senior leadership role responsible for overseeing and managing the compliance functions of our regional regulated entities. This position plays a pivotal role in ensuring global alignment and consistency in compliance practices, as well as providing guidance and leadership to the regional Financial Intelligence Units (FIUs) and compliance teams.
If you are a dynamic and experienced compliance professional looking to join a forward-thinking global organization committed to maintaining the highest standards of compliance, we encourage you to apply for the Head of Compliance position at Payoneer Inc.
What you’ll do:
- Management of Regional Regulated Entities: Ensure that all regional entities operate in full compliance with relevant financial regulations, including but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements. Continuously monitor and assess regulatory changes that impact the company's operations
- Global Alignment and Consistency: Develop and maintain a robust global compliance framework that ensures consistency and alignment in compliance practices across different regions. Collaborate with global teams to implement and maintain standardized compliance policies and procedures
- Oversight of Regional Financial Intelligence Units (FIUs): Direct and supervise regional FIUs, responsible for conducting transaction monitoring, suspicious activity reporting, and customer due diligence. Ensure the timely and accurate submission of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) to relevant authorities
- Team Management: Lead, mentor, and develop a team of compliance professionals, providing guidance and support to ensure they understand and adhere to regulatory requirements. Foster a culture of compliance within the organization.
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Conduct regular risk assessments and work with cross-functional teams to identify and address potential compliance risks. Develop strategies to mitigate risks and ensure business continuity.
- Regulatory Reporting: Prepare and submit regulatory reports and filings as required by local and international regulatory bodies. Stay current with regulatory changes and industry best practices to adapt reporting as needed.
- Compliance Training and Education: Develop and deliver compliance training programs for employees to raise awareness and understanding of regulatory requirements and ethical business practices.
- Compliance Audits and Investigations: Coordinate and oversee compliance audits and investigations when necessary. Address any findings and implement corrective actions as needed.
- Cross-Functional Leadership: Develop and optimize key strategic relationships internally at Payoneer and externally in order to further optimize day-to-day operations and minimize compliance risk
- Thought Partner and Subject Matter Expert: Act as a thought leader to the CCO office by recommending strategies to appropriate manage regulatory risk in each of the regions Payoneer conducts business in
What we’re looking for:
- 15+ years of experience in compliance at a payments company or global financial institution
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, with advanced degrees or professional certifications (e.g., CAMS, CFE, or equivalent) preferred
- Strong understanding of international financial regulations, AML, and KYC requirements
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams and promoting a culture of compliance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to analyze complex regulatory issues and propose solutions.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Adherence to high ethical standards and professional integrity
- Ability to formulate strategic views on emerging regulatory policies, published industry artifacts, and risk/compliance industry solutions
- Entrepreneurial drive with a can-do attitude
What we offer:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance (individual plan 100% covered) FSA and HSA
- 401K with employer match
- Fitness reimbursement
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave
- Learning and development opportunities
- Fun office culture with supportive leadership
- Exciting social events, including happy hours, birthday celebrations, and Friday lunches
- Community engagement opportunities
- Relaxed dress code
Join the Payoneer Family - check out Our Values and apply today!
In accordance with New York City Law, below is the annual base salary range for this position. Actual annual base salary is based on, but not limited to: experience, education, professional licenses, location and business needs. The position is eligible for health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k plan, paid-time off, and sick (and where applicable safe) leave. This position is also eligible for a discretionary year-end bonus.
The annual base salary range for this position is: $225,000-$300,000