Senior AML Compliance Analyst
Senior AML Compliance Analyst (NYC/Hybrid)
Build Your Career | Have Fun | Make a Difference
Payoneer’s mission is to empower businesses to go beyond – beyond borders, limits and expectations. In today’s digital world, Payoneer enables any business of any size from anywhere to access new economic opportunities by making it possible to transact as easily globally as they do locally.
Payoneer’s digital platform streamlines global commerce for millions of small businesses, marketplaces and enterprises from 200 countries and territories. Leveraging its robust technology, compliance, operations and banking infrastructure, Payoneer delivers a suite of services that includes cross-border payments, working capital, tax solutions, merchant services and risk management. Powering growth for customers ranging from aspiring entrepreneurs in emerging markets to the world’s leading digital brands like Airbnb, Amazon, Google and Upwork, Payoneer makes global commerce easy and secure. Founded in 2005, Payoneer is profitable and has a team based all around the world.
What you’ll do:
The Senior AML Compliance Analyst will be part of the New York Compliance team overseen by the Head of Compliance, Americas. The NY Compliance Team includes the FIU, responsible for all suspicious activity reporting processes as well as managing day-to-day AML/CFT/sanctions related escalations and reviews for Payoneer’s customers, clients, or counterparties. As a Senior AML Compliance Analyst and member of the FIU, this employee will be providing direct support to the FIU Team Lead and other analysts, as delegated.
- Review, decision, and write Suspicious Activity Reports to be transmitted to FinCEN and other applicable agencies, globally;
- Identify and remediate any deficiencies in case investigations or SAR reporting, in collaboration with the Compliance Assurance team;
- Compile SAR related KPIs and KRIs, regular and ad hoc;
- Ensure accurate and thorough recordkeeping / retention of logs and back-up documentation reflecting outcome of reviews (decision to create or not create a Suspicious Activity Report);
- Propose procedure and investigation enhancements to improve the quality of SAR investigations;
- Assist in responding to regulatory enquiries and requests, as well as internal and external audits and exams;
- Assess risk, decision and recommend approach for escalations received from the business, risk teams, operations, and others.
- Ad-Hoc Projects.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent (CAMS, CFCS certifications or equivalent)
- Relevant work experience within Financial Crimes Investigations / Suspicious Activity Reporting - Minimum 3-4 years of SAR writing/AML Compliance experience
- Prior FinTech or payments experience is not required but a plus
- Strong research, analytical and skills; investigative skills, including familiarity with public record research and database tools
- A comprehensive understanding of relevant regulatory requirements regulations
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to quality and detail
- Ability to handle highly confidential information
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Proficiency Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Eligible to work/live in NYC
What we offer:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance (individual plan 100% covered) and FSA
- 401K with employer match
- Fitness reimbursement
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave
- Learning and development opportunities
- Fun office culture with supportive leadership
- Exciting social events, including happy hours, birthday celebrations, and Friday lunches
- Community engagement opportunities
- Relaxed dress code
Join the Payoneer Family - check out Our Values and apply today!
In accordance with New York City Law, below is the annual base salary range for this position. Actual annual base salary is based on, but not limited to: experience, education, professional licenses, location and business needs. The position is eligible for health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k plan, paid-time off, and sick (and where applicable safe) leave. This position is also eligible for a discretionary year-end bonus.
The annual base salary range for this position is: $70,000-100,000