Legal and Compliance Manager
Panama City Beach, FL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020, reaching 8 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2023.
The Legal & Compliance Manager will join a global Legal & Compliance function to lead and support the implementation of the corporate Panama and Global Legal & Compliance program in conjunction with Fraud, Risk, Collections and Operations. The Legal & Compliance Manager will be responsible for designing, implementing and executing legal and compliance controls related to Panama legal and regulatory obligations and international best practices as well as partnering with multiple teams to provide guidance and execute operational controls, negotiations and reporting.
A successful candidate will be able to identify potential legal and compliance issues and responsibilities, provide comprehensive solutions and execute plans while effectively communicating and timely escalating as needed. This enables PayJoy to continue operating in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate creating and implementing the corporate Legal & Compliance program for Panama and contributing Globally: creating and executing policies, processes, controls and being responsible for their correct execution
- Manage and supervise external law firms that provide support to PayJoy while ensuring full compliance with regulation and PayJoy standards
- Execute and coordinate controls for regulatory Compliance in Peru including authority requirements, responsibilities with Superintendencias, data privacy, AML/CTF, KYC, fraud and customer complaints
- Collaborate with Operations, Risk, and Fraud Teams to identify and resolve Legal & Compliance matters and resolve escalations
- Draft and prepare reports and presentations by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Coordinate and conduct additional ad hoc Global Legal & Compliance assignments with direct supervision and guidance while maintaining the highest ethical standards
- 7 years of experience in Legal and/or Compliance functions
- A law degree
- Strong ethical record and behavior and leadership experience
- Ability to work with minimum supervision while being owner/leader of company projects and/or implementations
- Advanced English: written and spoken
- Company-funded Health and Dental Insurance for employees and immediate family members
- Life insurance
- 30 days of Christmas bonus
- 20 days paid Vacation
- 50% Vacation premium
- 13% Saving funds
- 2,000 MXN monthly grocery coupons
- 2,000 USD annual International Business Travel allowance
- 2,000 USD annual Professional Development allowance
- 500 USD annual Fitness allowance
- 500 USD Phone Finance allowance
- 250 USD Home Office equipment allowance
- 200 USD Headphone allowance
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed