Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Senior Cloud Security Engineer
The Information Security group is looking for a Senior Cloud Security Engineer to be a technical leader to a team focused on securing our large cloud infrastructure. You will work closely with other engineering teams (such as Production Engineering, DevOps, Application Security, SOC, etc.) to ensure current and new infrastructure is built securely. You will also help design and lead the build out of logging, monitoring, and incident response alerting and tooling.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Senior Cloud Security Engineer, you’ll get to:
- Be a technical lead to a small group of engineers building out logging and alerting pipelines, secure ingress solutions, zero trust, etc.
- Define standards for infrastructure security and champion their adoption across the org (such as service meshes, mTLS, etc.)
- Identify and remediate security issues and vulnerabilities in our cloud infrastructure, determining root cause, and identifying prevention methods
- Log analysis using our SIEM to identify tactics, techniques or patterns of possible attacks and work closely with our 24x7x365 SOC to implement detection rules
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- At Least 5 years working with AWS and securing large production workloads (multi-account, multi-region with hundreds of nodes)
- In-depth knowledge of security layers both native to AWS (IAM, ACM, security groups, ACLs, etc.) and general (secrets storage with tools like HashiCorp Vault, mTLS, service meshes)
- Participation in both offensive and defensive security activities
- SOC automation and automated detection and response
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Web 3.0 Is Still the Place to Be
- A Conversation with Paxos Product Leaders
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarilla’s Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.
Something looks off?