Corporate Legal Assistant
Shape the Future of Finance
Pagaya is building a leading artificial intelligence network to help our partners grow their businesses and better serve their customers.
Pagaya is a global technology company making life-changing financial products and services available to more people nationwide, as it reshapes the financial services ecosystem. By using machine learning, a vast data network and a sophisticated AI-driven approach, Pagaya provides comprehensive consumer credit and residential real estate solutions for its partners, their customers, and investors. Its proprietary API and capital solutions integrate into its network of partners to deliver seamless user experiences and greater access to the mainstream economy. Pagaya has offices in New York and Tel Aviv. For more information, visit pagaya.com.
Let's create better outcomes together!
About the Role
Pagaya is seeking a Corporate Legal Assistant (i.e. paralegal) to assist the legal team working on corporate legal matters, partnerships, capital markets and real estate. In particular, Pagaya, as a newly public company, is looking for a Legal Assistant to help build and implement all aspects of Pagaya’s public company reporting obligations, ensuring compliance with securities laws, rules and regulations, and all related filings. In addition, this position will assist on transactional matters, including M&A transactions and strategic investments.
The position is based at the company’s office in New York City.
- Assist attorneys with ensuring compliance with securities laws, rules and regulations, including listing standards
- Assist attorneys in preparation and filing of applicable SEC reporting and all related filings, including 8-K, 10-K, Forms 3 and 4, and other regular filings.
- Support Corporate Secretary in preparation for Board and Committee meetings
- Maintain governance policies and practices, including corporate governance guidelines, committee charters and other governing documents.
- Support the stock administration department on equity matters and employee education.
- Provide support to attorneys in M&A transactions, strategic investments, asset acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
- B.S., or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years of experience at in-house legal department setting required
- Prior experience working at a public company, with training handling SEC filings required
- Legal software or technically savvy
- Must be a self-starter, eager to learn and gain experience in a large variety of legal and business matters.
- Startup experience in consumer finance, financial services, asset management, investment, funds, real estate or fintech is highly preferred.
The pay ranges for New York-based hires are commensurate with candidate experience.
Pay ranges for candidates working in locations other than New York may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
Pagaya was founded in 2016 by seasoned research, finance, and technology entrepreneurs with our head quarters located in NYC and Tel Aviv.
We move fast and smart, identifying new opportunities and building end-to-end solutions from AI models and unique data sources. Every Pagaya team member is solving new and exciting challenges every day in a culture based on partnership, collaboration, and community.
Join a team of builders who are working every day to enable better outcomes for our partners and their customers.
- Continuously Learn- We challenge ourselves for the sake of getting better as individuals, as teams, and as an organization to deliver for our partners.
- Debate and Commit- We respectfully and openly debate to strengthen our ideas and build shared conviction - once we decide, we go all in, together.
- Dream Big and Act- We boldly tackle complex problems, pressure-test solutions in real-time, and adapt with speed and energy.
- Advance Inclusion- We create a world where everyone can win, designing systems that better represent people and generate sustainable value for our employees, partners and investors.
- Be Accountable Together- We proudly own our actions and our results, taking initiative to ensure our work gets over the finish line as a team.
More than just a job
We believe health, happiness, and productivity go hand-in-hand. That's why we're continually looking to enhance the ways we support you with benefits programs and perks that allow every Pagayan to do the best work of their life.