Tier 2 - Host Support Advocate
Customer Service, Legal
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Are you ready to dive into the world of a fast-paced tech startup? Are you ready to change the world? At PadSplit we're disrupting the affordable housing industry by creating safe, attractive, and respectable co-living environments. If you're motivated by the conviction that working people should have a decent place to live, and want to do something about it, come join us!
At PadSplit, our purpose is to solve our affordable housing crisis one room at a time while leveraging housing as a vehicle for financial independence. Our principles are Care, Show it, Prove it. We live out our principles by embodying our values: Empathy, Optimism, Intellectual Curiosity, Strong Work Ethic, High Integrity, Self-Awareness, and Compassionate Directness.
Learn more about PadSplit here
As a Host Support Advocate, you are a people person and creative problem solver who thrives in the fast pace of a startup. As a member of our Customer Experience Team, you will be responsible for creating a 5-star customer experience for Hosts (the folks who own and manage PadSplits). This isn’t your traditional customer support role - think more of client support, where you’ll get to know and form relationships with many of our customers. You’ll work on new problems each day and be challenged to think on your feet. Ideal candidates are comfortable working with autonomy, working with customers, and enjoying continuous learning. If you want to think creatively, solve challenging problems, and work on a highly collaborative team, this role is for you.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to hosts by responding to queries via email and phone. Questions may relate to policies, web/mobile products, member issues, financials, and more.
- When presented with complex situations, educate Hosts on their options and help facilitate a solution
- Serve as the “face” of PadSplit to this important customer group and help ensure they have a five-star experience and engender trust with PadSplit
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of our web product and policies, which are constantly evolving as we grow; use this knowledge to help troubleshoot Host issues and educate Hosts on new tools
- Mitigate escalations with empathy, directness, and professionalism
- Identify common problems and escalate them, along with possible suggestions for improvement, wherever possible
- Share customer feedback so that products and services can be improved
- Hold Hosts accountable to PadSplit standards and policies
- Work with other team members and PadSplit departments to solve host challenges and get answers
- High energy and ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Critical thinker with the ability to solve complex problems
- Energized by customer interactions and speaking to new people
- Ability to balance empathy with being firm
- Strong computer skills, tech savviness, and ability to quickly learn new technology
- Able to learn new things and plug gaps to make things work
- Team player with a “can-do”, collaborative attitude
- 1-3 years of customer service, account management, training, or teaching experience with an excellent record of performance. B2C experience is a plus.
- Tech experience is a plus
- A real estate background is a plus
- Experience working in a startup or similar environment is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits & Perks - US-Based Employees
Competitive compensation package + equity
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Work with a smart, diverse, mission-driven team
Comprehensive medical, dental & vision insurance
Make the world a better place
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
PadSplit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
See more open positions at PadSplit
Something looks off?