Senior UX Designer
New Jersey, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st-century economy, tailored to meet the unique needs of today's consumers and small businesses (freelancers, solopreneurs and modern SMBs). We believe beauty lies in simplicity, from design to utility, and build our ever-growing product suite with this in mind. And we’re just getting started. At Oxygen, we’re focused on lifting up those who dare to push boundaries and redefine what's possible by delivering on our promise to be a more fair financial partner. The next generation building the future is writing their own rules and shattering expectations. So are we. For those who reject the status quo, welcome to Banking for the Extraordinary. Let's create the future!
We are looking for an experienced UX Designer to join our product design team. As part of a cross-functional group, you'll help shape the features of our product. You'll work on a product that already touches the daily lives of thousands of people and solves complex problems that have a direct and positive impact on our users' lives. You'll play a pivotal role in shaping the future of digital banking.
- Collaborating with the Product Owner, Development Team, and Head of Design on product tasks
- Responsible for the full cycle of work on design tasks, including analyzing requirements, discussing concepts and mockups, reviewing implementation, and tracking results
- Implementing conceptual ideas into impactful solutions for users
- Creating solutions through various methods of user research
- Collaborating with other designers on projects and improving the user experience for the entire product
- Building a design system of components and common patterns
- Collaborating with marketers, pre-sales, customer success specialists, UX writers, localizers, and others
- Responsible for product vision and build the entire customer experience
- 4+ years of product design experience
- Proven UI/UX experience (your portfolio includes B2C digital products, interactive prototypes, animations (we consider profiles in Behance, Dribbble or personal sites)
- Proficiency in Figma or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Ability to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows, artifacts and transform them into consistent, intuitive and functional user interfaces
- Knowledge of Android and iOS guidelines
- Ability to create interface animations representing Oxygen key features
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, fostering cooperation and alignment across teams along with great communication skills
- Excellent time management skills; Ability to react and respond to the critical demands of the department with competing deadlines
- Excellent technical skills must be able to use both PC and Mac operating systems and proficient in google suite products, data analysis and internet technologies
- Experience in WebFlow
- Experience in animation and motion design (Cinema 4D, AfterEffect) 3D-presentation skills (Rotato etc.)
- Experience in Fintech
- Have experience in hyper-growth, start-up environment
- Show an appreciation for nuance and a desire to build consensus in a diverse and multicultural environment
Not sure you qualify?
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Oxygen we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Oxygen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.