Senior Manager, Financial Crimes - Hybrid (Princeton or Miami)
Accounting & Finance
New Jersey, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st-century economy, tailored to meet the unique needs of today's consumers and small businesses (freelancers, solopreneurs and modern SMBs). We believe beauty lies in simplicity, from design to utility, and build our ever-growing product suite with this in mind. And we’re just getting started. At Oxygen, we’re focused on lifting up those who dare to push boundaries and redefine what's possible by delivering on our promise to be a more fair financial partner. The next generation building the future is writing their own rules and shattering expectations. So are we. For those who reject the status quo, welcome to Banking for the Extraordinary. Let's create the future!
The Senior Manager of Financial Crimes assumes a 2nd-line role. This individual will conduct targeted investigations for both business and consumer accounts to identify patterns and trends indicative of money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, cyber (dark web) crime, foreign transactions, ACH fraud, unemployment / SBA fraud, and other potential violations of laws and regulations.
Eventually, you will become the owner and leader of a team that drives change, procedural efficiencies, and has a direct impact on the overall success of Oxygen’s BSA program. This role will involve some project-based work, requiring collaboration with stakeholders across Risk, Operations, Compliance, Product, Fraud, and Engineering teams. You will be responsible for recommending enhancements, efficiency improvements, and process refinements to ensure that risks are appropriately mitigated.
If you are not deterred by new challenges, possess a balanced approach to investigations, are passionate about safeguarding the financial sector, and are dedicated to protecting Oxygen and its customers, then we want to hear from you! If you are seeking a ground-floor (first FIU employee) opportunity with a Series B digital bank, look no further.
- Review transaction monitoring & surveillance alerts, conduct case investigations, block high risk transactions, monitor 15+ queues, return funds to source, investigate unusual device logins, DDOS attack analysis, freeze funds, LOI follow-up, direct communication with fraudsters / fraud victims / law enforcement and recommend changes to our dynamic fraud score
- Prepare and review case and UAR narratives of red flags, suspicious activity, and adverse information
- Conduct historical transactional review and assist with law enforcement
- Refine desktop investigative procedures, making process recommendations to increase efficiency and risk mitigation effectiveness.
- Gather feedback and recommendations and translate them into business requirements to improve Oxygen’s AML program effectiveness
- Work with Oxygen's offshore CS team and outsourced dispute team
- Worked at other FinTech's with prior experience in BSA/AML regulations, Fraud / Risk OPS, payments and Financial Crime Compliance
- 7+ years of prior transaction monitoring & surveillance investigations experience in anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorism, anti- bribery, and/or anti-fraud experience
- 5+ years of experience working as an intelligence analyst or in counter threat finance in the DoD, IC, LE or supporting communities
- Experience reviewing alerts, conducting case investigations, and drafting/filing Unusual Activity Reports (UARs), Suspicious Activity Reports (SARS) or Currency Transactions Reports (CTR's)
- Managed a team of BSA analysts or Fraud / Risk OPS
- CFE and CAMS Certifications
- Risk based decision making
- Ability to prioritize work flows and ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills
Nice to have:
- The ability to spot patterns, gather data and articulate findings in a concise meaningful summary
- Proficiency with G-Suite and Slack
- Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and thought-leadershipFamiliarity with how to read, write and diagnose SQL queries
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Equity in a high growth Fintech startup.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and HSA.
- Paid time off, sick leaves, paid maternal leave, and paid paternal leave.
- 401(K) and retirement planning.
- A great startup in banking with proven growth potential.
- Lots of autonomy and massive career growth opportunities for the go getters.