Accounting & Finance
Princeton, NJ, USA
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2023
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st-century economy, tailored to meet the unique needs of today's consumers and small businesses (freelancers, solopreneurs and modern SMBs). We believe beauty lies in simplicity, from design to utility, and build our ever-growing product suite with this in mind. And we’re just getting started. At Oxygen, we’re focused on lifting up those who dare to push boundaries and redefine what's possible by delivering on our promise to be a more fair financial partner. The next generation building the future is writing their own rules and shattering expectations. So are we. For those who reject the status quo, welcome to Banking for the Extraordinary. Let's create the future!
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Controller to join our finance team at Oxygen. As the Controller, you will play a crucial role in overseeing all financial aspects of the company's operations. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in finance, experience working within the big 4 accounting firms, and a solid understanding of the fintech industry.
- Financial Management: Oversee all financial activities, including budgeting, forecasting, financial planning and analysis, and financial reporting.
- Compliance and Regulatory Oversight: Ensure compliance with relevant financial regulations and reporting standards, while staying abreast of any changes or updates in accounting principles.
- Financial Operations: Manage day-to-day financial operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger activities.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare accurate and timely financial statements, management reports, and other financial analyses for internal and external stakeholders.
- Audit and Risk Management: Coordinate and support internal and external audits, ensuring compliance with audit requirements. Develop and implement effective internal controls to mitigate financial risks.
- Team Leadership: Manage and develop a high-performing finance team, providing guidance and support to team members.
- Strategic Financial Planning: Collaborate with the CFO and other key stakeholders to develop financial strategies and plans aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities to streamline financial processes, enhance efficiency, and improve overall financial performance.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with other departments, such as operations, marketing, and legal, to ensure financial considerations are taken into account in decision-making processes.
- Ad Hoc Projects: Contribute to special projects as assigned by the CFO, such as fundraising activities, mergers and acquisitions, and financial system implementations.
- Lead ongoing operational activities for clients, general ledger maintenance and accounts reconciliations, implementation and maintenance of operational and financial internal controls, GAAP financial statement creation, run of semimonthly payroll, evaluation and implementation of accounting systems, and creation and administration of cash and equity compensation plans
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. Advanced degree (MBA, CPA, or CMA) is a plus.
- Previous experience working within the big 4 accounting firms is required.
- Proven experience in the fintech industry is highly desired.
- Startup experience is strongly preferred, with a demonstrated ability to adapt in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial regulations, and reporting standards.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with experience managing a team.
- Advanced proficiency in financial management software and MS Office Suite.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and present complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- High level of integrity, professionalism, and ethical conduct.
The Controller will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and will work closely with other members of the executive team. If you are an ambitious finance professional with a passion for fintech, startup environments, and the desire to make a significant impact, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity at Oxygen.
Compensation & Benefits
- The final compensation package for this role will be determined during the interview process and is based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, geographic location, internal equity, education, skill set, experience and training.
- Oxygen also offers comprehensive benefits, including stock options, medical, dental, and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits, a retirement plan, flex time off, paid parental leave, employer paid disability coverage, and additional health and wellbeing perks and benefits. Oxygen reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
- Not sure you qualify? Don’t meet every single requirement? At Oxygen we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Oxygen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.