Head of Product - Invoicing
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st-century economy, tailored to meet the unique needs of today's consumers and small businesses (freelancers, solopreneurs and modern SMBs). We believe beauty lies in simplicity, from design to utility, and build our ever-growing product suite with this in mind. And we’re just getting started. At Oxygen, we’re focused on lifting up those who dare to push boundaries and redefine what's possible by delivering on our promise to be a more fair financial partner. The next generation building the future is writing their own rules and shattering expectations. So are we. For those who reject the status quo, welcome to Banking for the Extraordinary. Let's create the future!
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced product leader that will be specializing in Invoicing and Accounts Payable products to join our dynamic team. Your deep understanding of the invoicing and accounts payable processes, coupled with your strategic mindset, will enable you to shape the product roadmap, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and deliver innovative solutions that meet customer needs.
- Define and execute the product strategy and roadmap for our invoicing and accounts payable solutions, aligning them with business goals and customer requirements.
- Conduct market research, competitive analysis, and customer interviews to gather insights and identify opportunities for product improvement and differentiation.
- Work closely with the engineering team, providing clear product vision, requirements, and prioritization to ensure the successful delivery of product features and enhancements.
- Lead the end-to-end product development lifecycle, from concept to launch, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality solutions.
- Conduct user acceptance testing and gather feedback to refine and iterate on product features.
- Monitor product performance, track key metrics, and analyze data to identify areas for improvement and optimize the user experience.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, regulations, and best practices related to invoicing and accounts payable, applying this knowledge to enhance our product offerings.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field. MBA or relevant certifications are a plus.
- 10+ years of product end-to-end delivery, including requirements definition, feature launches, post-launch metrics tracking, and product tradeoff decisions.
- 5+ years of financial technology experience.
- Proven experience as a Product Manager, preferably in the field of invoicing, accounts payable, or financial technology.
- Strong understanding of the invoicing and accounts payable processes, industry standards, and best practices.
- Experience in managing the end-to-end product development lifecycle, from ideation to launch.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to gather and interpret data, derive actionable insights, and make data-driven product decisions.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to envision future product enhancements and align them with business goals.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage timelines, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and tools.
- Passion for delivering exceptional user experiences and a customer-centric approach.
- Knowledge of software development processes and ability to communicate effectively with technical teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with a creative and innovative mindset.
Compensation & Benefits
- The final compensation package for this role will be determined during the interview process and is based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, geographic location, internal equity, education, skill set, experience and training.
- Oxygen also offers comprehensive benefits, including stock options, medical, dental, and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits, a retirement plan, flex time off, paid parental leave, employer paid disability coverage, and additional health and wellbeing perks and benefits. Oxygen reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
- Not sure you qualify? Don’t meet every single requirement? At Oxygen we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Oxygen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.