Senior Software Development Manager
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st-century economy, tailored to meet the unique needs of today's consumers and small businesses (freelancers, solopreneurs and modern SMBs). We believe beauty lies in simplicity, from design to utility, and build our ever-growing product suite with this in mind. And we’re just getting started. At Oxygen, we’re focused on lifting up those who dare to push boundaries and redefine what's possible by delivering on our promise to be a more fair financial partner. The next generation building the future is writing their own rules and shattering expectations. So are we. For those who reject the status quo, welcome to Banking for the Extraordinary. Let's create the future!
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to help build new financial products and maintain and extend existing ones while managing a small team both on and offshore. At Oxygen, you will be involved in both the product vision and execution. This role will report to the Chief Technology Officer. If you're looking to get in on the ground floor or a rapidly growing fintech company, enjoy working in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment this is the job for you!In this role, you'll be working on challenging and somewhat ambiguous problems. We're looking for somebody that can clarify technical requirements and provide accurate estimates. You'll also manage and grow a team of engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of engineering team management experience
- 3+ years professional software development experience in developing and maintaining high availability distributed software systems
- Strong banking infrastructure experience
- Strong knowledge of engineering practices and patterns
- Strong project or program management skills Strong experience partnering with product management
- Provide technical leadership for all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Strong ability to evaluate design reviews for engineers, and drive feedback on architecture and design issues
- Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business objectives, and define technical direction
- Good knowledge of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment
- Good knowledge of continuous integration and deployment processes
- Strong experience in leading a team to identify and resolve root causes of software defects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to effectively communicate and work remotely with cross functionally, cross culturally, and with geographically dispersed teams
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, fostering cooperation and alignment across teams
- Excellent time management skills; Ability to react and respond to the critical demands of the department with competing deadlines
- Excellent technical skills must be able to use both PC and Mac operating systems and proficient in google suite products, data analysis and internet technologies
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
- Full stack software development experience
- Previous experience working for a fintech company
- Have experience in hyper-growth, start-up environment
- Show an appreciation for nuance and a desire to build consensus in a diverse and multicultural environment
Compensation and Benefits:
The final compensation package for this role will be determined during the interview process and is based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, geographic location, internal equity, education, skill set, experience and training.
Oxygen also offers comprehensive benefits, including stock options, medical, dental, and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits, a retirement plan, flex time off, paid parental leave, employer paid disability coverage, and additional health and wellbeing perks and benefits. Oxygen reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
Not sure you qualify?
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Oxygen, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Oxygen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.