Chief Product Officer, Small Business Products
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st-century economy, tailored to meet the unique needs of today's consumers and small businesses (freelancers, solopreneurs and modern SMBs). We believe beauty lies in simplicity, from design to utility, and build our ever-growing product suite with this in mind. And we’re just getting started. At Oxygen, we’re focused on lifting up those who dare to push boundaries and redefine what's possible by delivering on our promise to be a more fair financial partner. The next generation building the future is writing their own rules and shattering expectations. So are we. For those who reject the status quo, welcome to Banking for the Extraordinary. Let's create the future!
Oxygen is hiring a CPO, Small Business Products who will lead strategic initiatives. You’ll play a pivotal role in shaping the future of digital banking and help us achieve our goal of offering a one-stop-shop for creators. You will work closely with executives, engineering, and cross-functional teams to build differentiated products and new experiences our customers will love.
- Initiate, define, plan and manage the roll out of strategic products to customers.
- Generate new ideas and opportunities that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Work closely with stakeholders and dedicated engineering teams and cross-functional partners.
- Meet defined milestones and delivery dates with optimal resources.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for the engineering team to consume.
- Own weekly and monthly reporting on the state of the products you own.
- Own and highlight post-launch growth and profitability metrics to uncover business-driving trends and patterns.
- 10+ years of product end-to-end delivery, including requirements definition, feature launches, post-launch metrics tracking, and product tradeoff decisions.
- 5+ years of financial technology experience.
- Extensive experience building products focused on supporting small businesses.
- Solid project/program management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Strong experience in articulating long-term roadmap strategy and business impact.
- Strong experience managing stakeholders and collaborating with partners to drive cross functional programs and influence teams.
- Ability to balance long-term strategic investments with near-term business goals
- A strong analytical and metrics driven approach to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Able to effectively communicate and work remotely across regions, cross culturally, and geographically dispersed teams.
- Graduate degree (e.g. MBA).
- 2+ years of startup experience, preferably fintech startups.
- Strong ability to learn new skills.
- Strong technical understanding of systems architectures and APIs.
Compensation & Benefits
- The final compensation package for this role will be determined during the interview process and is based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, geographic location, internal equity, education, skill set, experience and training.
- Oxygen also offers comprehensive benefits, including stock options, medical, dental, and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits, a retirement plan, flex time off, paid parental leave, employer paid disability coverage, and additional health and wellbeing perks and benefits. Oxygen reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
- Not sure you qualify? Don’t meet every single requirement? At Oxygen we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Oxygen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.