Lead Product Designer
Public.com is an investing app that makes the stock market social. By building a transparent community of investors and offering fractional shares of thousands of publicly-traded companies, we're making the public markets work for all people.
With interest in the stock market surging among a new generation of investors, our community is growing rapidly, and we recently reached our 1MM member milestone just 18 months after launching. To support our ambitious goals, our team is growing and we're looking for sharp, enthusiastic people who believe in our mission to fundamentally change the way people invest.
We announced our Series D funding round of $220 million in Feb. 2021, just two months after our Series C round. Our investors include Accel, Greycroft, (the original investors in Venmo) and Lakestar, as well as Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers' Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, NYU Stern professor and entrepreneur Scott Galloway, business executive Dick Parsons, Business Class founder Sophia Amoruso, and Shari Redstone's Advancit Capital.
About the role:
With founders who have design backgrounds, Design at Public is an organizational priority and a strategic differentiator. Our team partners to help uncover opportunities, generate possible solutions, and craft experiences. We leverage human-centered design practices and evidence to guide principle-based strategies and decisions, leading to the delivery of innovative experiences our members love - and help Public grow.
We’re looking for a collaborative Lead Product Designer to play a critical role in shaping our product experience to support our mission to make the markets work for all people. This role is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned, growth-minded, end-to-end product designer with deep experience who wants to play a hands-on role in helping to deliver an innovative product experience through our next phase of growth.
What you'll do:
- Lead design for one of our core experiences
- Deliver crafted design solutions and innovations that drive member and business outcomes
- Design multiple variations of new features and optimizations of existing features within a complex ecosystem
- Work in partnership with your immediate team and cross-functional stakeholders to uncover areas of opportunity and help to shape best-in-class product experiences end-to-end
- Independently and in collaboration with other team members, leverage user research methodologies and feedback to make evidence-based design decisions
- Contribute to growing and evolving our design system
- Help to influence the growth of other designers and champion our design culture
- Prioritize work based on the highest potential benefit and actively drive initiatives
Who you are:
- An ambitious end-to-end designer capable of delivering from insight to execution
- Always strive to create useful, usable, and desirable user experiences
- A natural systems thinker adept at seeing and anticipating the interplay between differing areas of our experience
- Passionate for data-driven decision making and empathetic problem solving
- Committed to working in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders
- Proven to thrive in iterative and highly collaborative environments
- Comfortable prioritizing effectively and flexibly handling changes
- Strong organization skills and ability to lead multiple projects concurrently
- An effective communicator across all levels and teams
- A collaborative and thoughtful teammate with a growth mindset
- Experience leveraging HCD methods and current design tools such as Figma
- Experience designing consumer-facing experiences for investment products is a plus
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.
The pay range for this position in NYC is $160,000 - $200,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay information is based on market location.