Director, Insurance Finance, Pricing and Enrollment Performance - remote
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Director, Insurance Finance, Pricing and Enrollment Performance to join our Insurance Financial Management team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
You will provide important inputs into membership and margin targets for the Insurance Company throughout the development of Oscar’s Long-Term Plan, Annual Operating Plan, Budgets and Forecasts. You will manage important deliverables and milestones within the Insurance Pricing, Enrollment lifecycle, serving as the subject matter expert for market, industry, and management of pricing and enrollment to achieve targeted insurance membership and financial performance.
You will report to the VP, Insurance Financial Management.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
If you live within commutable distance to our New York City office ( in Hudson Square), our Tempe office (off the 101 at University Ave), or our Los Angeles office (in Marina Del Rey), you will be expected to come into the office at least two days each week. Otherwise, this is a remote / work-from-home role.
You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $158,400 - $207,900 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $142,560 - $187,110 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program company equity grants and annual performance bonuses.
- You will leverage deep industry experience to incorporate underlying trends into the development of a market-specific pricing portfolio.
- Analyze and summarize external data (e.g., competitor, enrollment, and consumer trends) and internal metrics (e.g., financial targets, membership targets, customer pain points) by region.
- Collaborate with Sales, Regional Leaders, and Actuarial teams to develop enrollment and pricing strategies required to achieve membership and margin goals of the insurance company.
- Lead multi-functional teams to develop new enhancements and capabilities to meet the needs of Individual health insurance consumers, including identification of our requirements and support to implementation.
- Collaborate in preparing long-term plan, annual operating plan, and pricing strategy and tactics, including integration of market research, competitive analysis, product positioning, and product performance.
- Provide leadership and day-to-day oversight for direct report(s).
- 10+ years of related experience in the Healthcare industry
- Experience synthesizing competitor, enrollment, and consumer trends into relevant insights
- Experience managing and evaluating opportunities to improve book-level top and bottom line performance
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, healthcare or quantitative degree.
- 5+ years experience in the individual insurance market.
- Prior experience consulting.
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.