Senior Analyst, Data Analytics
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Senior Analyst, Data Analytics to join our Data team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the Role:
As a Senior Analyst, Data Analytics you will partner closely with our Provider, Network, and Contracting teams to identify and manage medical cost drivers across all levers Oscar has available, including network, utilization management, value-based care, member engagement and unit cost improvement. This work will not only lead to reduced medical waste, but to more affordable and higher-quality health care for our Oscar members.
You will report into an Associate Director, Data Science. This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $76,000-$99,750 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $68,400-$89,775 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar's unlimited vacation program, and annual performance bonuses.
You must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Oscar will not sponsor applicants for this role.
- Analyze medical claims and competitive market data to support Regional P&L teams in making informed, data-driven decisions
- Use data to tell a story that our network and clinical teams will be able to understand, including packaging and presenting findings in a clear, concise and compelling manner
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of essential operational and analytical dashboards, and update and enhance them as our user’s needs evolve
- Create models and tools that produce relevant insights to identify and eliminate inefficient healthcare and improve profitability
- Collaborate with the Data Science, Finance, Actuarial and Clinical teams to identify actions to achieve medical cost improvements and monitor the impact of these initiatives
- 1+ years of technical experience using analytical tools and writing analytical reports
- Demonstrated ability to work with large datasets and distill analyses into relevant insights with a structured and systematic thought process
- Proficiency in SQL, R, and/or Python to query, manipulate and analyze data
- Strong Google Sheets and/or Excel skills
- Experience in healthcare analytics and reporting
- Experience managing value-based contracts at a payer or a provider organization (ACO, CIN, MSO)
- Experience developing dashboards and working with Looker or other business intelligence/data visualization tools
- Exposure to healthcare contract negotiations, risk adjustment, ACA marketplace, quality of care, and/or population health experience
- Experience in the healthcare, finance and/or insurance industries
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?