Licensed Real Estate Agent
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City with an office in Austin and teammates across the US, Orchard boasts over 300 employees. We have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose, who have also backed the likes of Pinterest, Airbnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. We're proud to be recognized by Crain's, Inc. 5000, Glassdoor, Parity.org and Built In on their lists of best places to work.
About the Role
Come join Orchard on our mission to create the most stress-free, fair, and simple way to buy or sell a home. Orchard is looking for a customer-focused, licensed and experienced Real Estate Agent to join our growing team in Houston. At Orchard, Agents partner with our customers to accomplish their real estate buying and selling goals. We provide high quality leads, differentiated product offerings, and best-in-class training and support.
This is an independent contractor (1099) role that will be supported by a local Team Lead. Candidates must reside in Houston and hold an active and unrestricted real estate license in the state of Texas.
What You’ll Do Here
- Present Orchard’s products and services to potential customers and work with customers to understand how Orchard can best serve their needs.
- Conduct listing presentation meetings to educate and close new customers on working with Orchard.
- Identify homes to show prospective home buyer clients after conducting a thorough needs analysis and aligning on new home criteria; schedule home showings for home buyer clients
- Serve as local real estate market expert - advise customers on local market dynamics & home prices.
- Write and submit all offers for home buyer clients.
- Negotiate offers to purchase and oversee the entire negotiation process to enable our customers to move into their dream home.
Why Join Orchard
- High-quality seller referrals: Orchard provides an average of 50 appointments with serious home-selling customers per year.
- Differentiated product offerings: As an Orchard Agent, you’ll have access to Orchard’s Concierge program; Orchard’s Equity Advance product offerings for people selling a current home and looking to buy a new one; frictionless integration of Orchard Mortgage and Orchard Title, each with industry-leading products and customer satisfaction; and cutting edge CRM and transaction management tools.
- Training & Support: Orchard provides transaction coordination services on every deal, best-in-class sales scripting, presentations, and materials, a dedicated training team that provides ongoing agent training, personalized coaching and mentorship from a producing team lead in your market, and an inside sales team that vets referrals and sets an appointment before passing them on to you.
- Culture: Orchard has a strong consumer brand that’s centered around customer experience and has great Trustpilot reviews.
- Competitive Splits: For any customer sourced by the agent the split is 80/20, where the agent keeps 80% of the gross commission and Orchard keeps 20%. For any customer Orchard sources and refers to an agent, Orchard keeps 65% and the agent keeps 35%.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have
- At least 2+ years of experience as a licensed real estate agent with at least 5+ transactions per year
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Passion for customer service and a proven ability to deliver an outstanding customer experience
- A drive for results balanced with strong collaboration skills and humility
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage & prioritize your time
- An active and unrestricted Texas real estate license and a deep understanding of the home buying and selling process and the greater Houston area
- Reliable mode of transportation and ability to travel within your market area
- The willingness to adapt to a client's schedule and work various hours as needed, including nights and weekends (for home tours/showings)
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.