We are on a mission to ensure that the financial system is routing money to the best ideas while helping people build and protect their long-term financial health. Our platform empowers financial advisors to learn about, build personalized strategies around, and invest in (previously inaccessible) private investments to help them grow their businesses and improve the outcomes of their clients.
The market for private investments is expected to grow by $2 trillion in the next decade, but remains largely inaccessible to the majority of non-institutional investors. Our platform provides exclusive educational content, personalized guidance, bespoke investment options, and a streamlined investment process to help make these investments more accessible than ever before.
About the Role
We’re looking for a seasoned designer with a passion for investing and building world-class investment software. As a key member of our small but mighty design team, you will explore, evaluate, and shape the core product through user research, concept development, rapid prototyping and visual design. You will partner closely with our small team of experts on the investment, product, and engineering teams to help us shape and evolve our product.
As a Product Designer, you would be working closely with designers, engineers, product managers, and the investment team to concept, design, prototype, test, and iterate on solutions that help advisors learn about and shift their investment approach into alternatives. You will work with investment experts to turn complex financial information into simple, intuitive user experiences. You will work with engineers to understand how design decisions impact technology choices throughout the tech stack. You will contribute to the future vision of how we architect our application, taking into account a multitude of client-centric features that revolve around constructing and managing complex client portfolios.
Your Day-to-Day will include:
- Collaborating closely to prototype, test, and rapidly launch concepts and early versions to make sure we’re building a valuable product.
- Engaging and collaborating with the cross-disciplinary team through ideation, concept development, validation, wireframing, prototyping, and visual design.
- Creating journey maps, user flows, and system diagrams to think and communicate ideas that impact the end-to-end participant experience.
- Plan and run user interviews and drive the synthesis process within your cross disciplinary team to build empathy and clarity around how to address user needs.
- Crafting beautiful web designs that connect the dots between user needs, data, and business goals.
- Being a thought leader in how we design an overall application architecture to address the complexities of delivering our vision of being the leading technology solution for alternatives portfolio management.
- Helping to grow the design team.
You are comfortable with the product development process end-to-end, going from idea through to beautiful, production application. In addition to your design chops, you have strong communication skills, the ability to work cross-functionally, and a particular love of user research and turning opportunities into clearly defined solutions.
- At least 5 years of experience turning complex problems into engaging design solutions.
- Passion for designing investment and/or FinTech products and workflows and experience building best-in-class products with complex workflows, data-centric applications, and B2B enterprise software systems.
- A strong visual aesthetic, experience creating visual systems, and delivering beautiful, high fidelity, production-ready designs.
- Practical problem solving that balances user insights, stakeholder input, business goals, and best practices for investment management workflows.
- Experience across the design process from concept development to launch.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience coding in one or more functional programming languages (HTML/CSS, Android, Swift, etc.).
- Successful career trajectory at an early-stage startup
Compensation and Benefits
Opto has a high bar for talent, and we are committed to building the best teams possible. Candidates are never subjected to discrimination based on race, citizenship, religion, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, sensory, mental, or physical disability, or any other characteristic.
The successful candidate for this role can expect a generous compensation and benefits package. The cash salary range for this role is $135,000-$220,000 dependent on skills, experience and expected contribution.
All full time employees at Opto enjoy:
- Significant equity
- Health, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Learning & WFH stipends
Something looks off?