Software Engineer, Frontend
We are on a mission to ensure that the financial system is routing money to the best ideas while helping people build and protect their long-term financial health. Our platform empowers financial advisors to learn about, build personalized strategies around, and invest in (previously inaccessible) private investments to help them grow their businesses and improve the outcomes of their clients.
The market for private investments is expected to grow by $2 trillion in the next decade, but remains largely inaccessible to the majority of non-institutional investors. Our platform provides exclusive educational content, personalized guidance, bespoke investment options, and a streamlined investment process to help make these investments more accessible than ever before.
The Product Engineering Team has the challenging mission of distilling complex investment concepts and operational workflows into a set of high quality and intuitive user experiences. We are a mix of frontend, backend, and fullstack specialists that collaborate with our partners in Product and Design to deliver solutions that unlock new investment opportunities for financial advisors and their clients.
Software Engineers at Opto are tasked with the challenge of turning complex business problems into elegant and pragmatic engineering solutions. We are context-driven, customer- and stakeholder-empathetic builders of tools and systems. We are end-to-end owners of engineering problems and solutions who constantly challenge one another to evolve as builders and collaborators. Oh, and we have fun along the way, because otherwise, what's the point.
Our tech stack consists of a React-based Next.js Typescript application that sits atop a Multi-Service Architecture that relies on Java Spring and Python FastAPI containerized services running in Amazon AWS. Vendor data ingestion is managed via serverless Spark-Scala transformations persisted to an S3 data lake. We strive to achieve componentization, abstraction, and separation of concerns in order that we achieve modularity, scalability, and team-level service ownership.
- Be accountable for the delivery of project work and coordination with teammates and stakeholders toward the delivery of projects on mutually agreed upon timelines
- Participate actively in all phases of product development across specification, implementation, QA testing, deployment, and operations
- Foster a culture of collaboration by actively engaging in discussions, documentation, and code review
- Participate actively in engineering recruiting (interviewing, problem specification, role ownership, etc)
- Raise your hand when you need help - don’t hesitate to reach out to stakeholders (product, teammates, managers, etc) for to unblock your progress
- 4-year technical degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 2-5 years software engineering experience
- Experience using React to build feature-rich user interfaces
- Experience working with design systems and building styled, reusable components
- Experience with automated frontend testing patterns such as Cypress
- Demonstrated background / interest in investment management
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to execute in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent communication skills and grace under pressure
Compensation and Benefits
Opto has a high bar for talent, and we are committed to building the best teams possible. Candidates are never subjected to discrimination based on race, citizenship, religion, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, sensory, mental, or physical disability, or any other characteristic.
The successful candidate for this role can expect a generous compensation and benefits package. The cash salary range for this role is $125,000-$225,000 dependent on skills, experience and expected contribution.
All full time employees at Opto enjoy:
- Significant equity
- Health, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Learning & WFH stipends
Something looks off?