Investment Operations Analyst
We are on a mission to ensure that the financial system is routing money to the best ideas while helping people build and protect their long-term financial health. Our platform empowers financial advisors to learn about, build personalized strategies around, and invest in (previously inaccessible) private investments to help them grow their businesses and improve the outcomes of their clients.
The market for private investments is expected to grow by $2 trillion in the next decade, but remains largely inaccessible to the majority of non-institutional investors. Our platform provides exclusive educational content, personalized guidance, bespoke investment options, and a streamlined investment process to help make these investments more accessible than ever before.
About the Role
As one of the first investment operation hires, you will help shape the backbone of the investment process. You will partner closely with our small team of finance, product, and design experts to help craft our platform's first version.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Coordinating investment-related transactions with the administrator for subscription, capital call, and distribution activity.
- Facilitating the preparation and processing of subscription agreements, monitoring these transactions with post-execution order confirmation, and verifying settlement
- Assisting with onboarding new fund products and managers and ensuring they are entered into the related custodian and vendor systems correctly.
- Monitoring and reconciling investments and following up with General Partners/Managers to receive missing or more detailed information.
- Reconciling the internal record system to external accounts daily.
- Actively participating in team projects and initiatives for process improvement.
- Driving resolutions of open issues and questions and contacting internal technology and vendor support when necessary. Capturing the solution and driving internal procedures.
- Ensuring current and accurate documentation of standard operating procedures and servicing level agreements.
- Contributing to projects and getting stakeholders to reach a consensus on complicated processes.
- Tracking and reporting accurate deliverable status for assigned scope and presenting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Working with the Head of Investment Operations to ensure Key Performance Indicators are appropriately tracked and that workflows are properly managed.
Opto is seeking an ambitious self-starter with a “can do'' attitude to join the investment operations team. If you have a proven record navigating unstructured operational processes while simultaneously handling responsibilities with multiple work streams and stakeholders, you might be the analyst we’re looking for.
- Very strong organizational and time-management skills
- Capable of multitasking in a daily, deadline driven environment, while keeping others well-informed
- Attention-to-detail to ensure that all deliverables consistently meet the highest standard of quality and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, writing, interpersonal and proofreading skills
- An inquisitive, investigative mindset and passion for “dive deeper”(and not accepting information at face value)
- Both a team player and capable of independent work
- Self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- High emotional intelligence, flexible, and resilient
- Tech startup environment
- Wealth management experience at a broker/dealer or RIA
- Minimum of three to five years of relevant work experience in financial services or investment operations
- College or university degree