Agent Relationship Specialist I (Remote, US)
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well-backed & stable. We closed our $75M Series C fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video (https://vimeo.com/267654520) from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
Openly is looking for an Agent Relationship Specialist I as Openly expands its Agent Experience team. This role will be critical in ensuring both customers and agency partners remain highly engaged Openly supporters. We are rethinking the customer experience and are looking for someone who wants to be at the forefront of this change! This role’s ideal candidate will be energized and excited about working as part of a fast-paced and evolving insuretech company. This candidate will also enjoy problem-solving and working with various internal teams while putting themselves in someone else’s shoes during challenging situations. Opportunities to join a group like this don’t come up often, so if this sounds right up your alley, then keep reading and join our ever-growing team! The Agent Relationship Specialist I provides exceptional service via phone, email, and chat to our Agents, Policyholders, and internal teams.
- Ensure agents continue to view Openly as a best-in-class homeowner insurance provider by addressing business questions timely, accurately, and with empathy.
- Assist with solving, identifying, or escalating select underwriting and technology questions.
- Problem solves and addresses select complex, nuanced customer scenarios.
- Accurately process non-premium bearing policy endorsement and select customer requests.
- Represent the customer when identifying internal process improvement opportunities for the rest of the Openly team.
- Enhance the customer and agent experience by ensuring billing accuracy and execution regularly.
- 1+ year of experience in a customer success, customer support, or call center setting required.
- 1 + year of insurance processing experience in an independent or exclusive agency setting preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, including excellent phone skills and listening skills. Extra points for Spanish language skills.
- Be adept and effective at communicating with agents and team members across all communication mediums. Openly offers web chat, email, and phone.
- A high degree of technical proficiency with online tools and systems; familiarity with Google Suite and Zendesk is a plus.
- Self-starter mentality with solid time-management skills.
- Extraordinary problem-solving abilities, intellectual curiosity, and a genuine interest in learning new processes and working with new tools in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work M-F 8:45-5:15 EST, CST, or PST with weekend availability as needed.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “work-from-anywhere in the US” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and currently residing in the US will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.
Something looks off?