Jr. UX Designer
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Nymbus (https://nymbus.com/) is a high growth fintech company that enables financial institutions to transform their capabilities and drive value in today’s digital finance world.
At Nymbus, we believe when you set off on the path to innovation you should feel excitement and confidence, not fear and dread. With Nymbus we are bringing delight back into the banking process. We want our partners to be thrilled about the possibilities we are creating together and the lasting impact our collaboration will bring to the industry and consumers.
The journey to growth begins with doing something different. And that journey starts with the great people that make Nymbus. Thank you for considering and entrusting Nymbus to be the catalyst that helps take your career through your next chapter.
We are a remote first company with the exception of a few positions being onsite in our designated locations. The positions which are remote you will need to be able to travel a few times a year. You may be required at times to visit client sites or attend meetings at designated locations with your team members.
At Nymbus, we deliver innovative digital banking applications and services to our customers. We believe that by putting the user first, everything else will fall into place. We do this through research, design, testing, prototyping, and an iterative approach to creating next generation digital products. As a UX Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. You will collaborate with your design colleagues, product management, engineering, leadership, and legal / compliance teams to deliver next generation experiences. User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bring innovative, user oriented solution to life with engaging, next generation UX and Visual Design.
- Bring a design system mentality in order to solve at scale with a collaborative team focused on making the banking user experience smooth and seamless.
- Develop relationships with partners in product management, services, engineering, legal, along with customers.
- Work with the engineering team to ensure designs are implemented to spec and collaborate with them to come up with creative design solutions when technical challenges arise.
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates. Advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes, refinements, and improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in design, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Must be based in the United States
- Excellent UX & visual design portfolio of consumer-facing design with products that have been brought live.
- Experience with both responsive web design and mobile application design (both iOS and Android).
- A thorough and up to date understanding of iOS Human Interface guidelines and Android Material design.
- An understanding of the WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility acceptance criteria, and experience in implementing accessibility into design practices.
- 1-3 years of experience in UX Design and Interaction Design.
- Extensive experience with modern design and prototyping tools
- Experience working with early stage efforts, dealing with ambiguity and driving projects forward at scale.
- An understanding of the technology frameworks underpinning iOS, Android, and responsive web, and experience with the design to development handover process
- Excellent interaction and visual design skills and a portfolio of interactive projects.
- Experience in Financial Services, Fintech, or related field.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, ability to listen, be proactive at addressing feedback, represent and advocate for UX and users.
- Excellent collaboration skills with User Experience, Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and Legal.
Ready to join? We invite you to watch this video and learn who we are and how we build and innovates together!