Backend Java Developer
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Nymbus (https://nymbus.com/) is a high growth fintech company that enables financial institutions to transform their capabilities and drive value in today’s digital finance world.
At Nymbus, we believe when you set off on the path to innovation you should feel excitement and confidence, not fear and dread. With Nymbus we are bringing delight back into the banking process. We want our partners to be thrilled about the possibilities we are creating together and the lasting impact our collaboration will bring to the industry and consumers.
The journey to growth begins with doing something different. And that journey starts with the great people that make Nymbus. Thank you for considering and entrusting Nymbus to be the catalyst that helps take your career through your next chapter.
We are a remote first company. This role, as most of our positions, is remote. You may be required at times to visit client sites or attend meetings at designated locations.
You will be part of the Engineering platform team speaking on highly specific technical details as well as discussing general business outcomes. You comfortably translate product requirements into a well-balanced, precisely defined narrative. In your design decisions, non-functional requirements, like data consistency, resilience, security, deployment, sizing, scalability and upgradeability are always defining the outcome. The objective is to deliver Customer product features efficiently without compromising quality, security and performance using an agile well defined SDLC CI/CD process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- You need to be an excellent developer, communicator and feel comfortable interacting with stakeholders at various levels within the client organization in an emphatic and considerate way.
- Experience in real time data, performance optimization and modern development, deployment and configuration tools are preferred.
We are looking for motivated candidates that show us:
- Hands-on approach, passionate about solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices.
- The ability to design, document and develop world-class highly scalable enterprise applications leveraging the latest technologies and design patterns.
- Excellent communication and English skills (spoken and written).
- Can work under pressure and be delivery focused and pragmatic.
- Excellent team work with collaborative, innovative intelligent problem solving
- Implemented products through SDKs, APIs and/or Webhooks.
- You have an understanding of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), as well as Microservices Architecture, Docker, Kubernetes (OpenShift implementation). Additional knowledge of AWS SaaS is preferred.
- Passion for learning new technologies and desire for personal growth through self-study, formal classes or on-the-job training
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience in:
- Agile and iterative software delivery methodologies.
- Software engineering best practices (unit testing, test driven development, automation, design patterns, peer review, security etc.).
- Strong server-side Java programming.
- Microservice frameworks using Java, Python, Spring Boot, stoplight.
- REST API, API Management tools, OpenAPI Spec.
- CI/CD pipelines, observability and monitoring tools.
- Modern architectural frameworks, patterns and styles like CQRS, event sourcing and data streaming (Redis/Kafka).
- You should have:
- Implemented various Enterprise Integration Patterns and Frameworks.
- Deployment knowledge of application servers, databases, load balancers, container management, Docker, Kubernetes and other infrastructure components required to deploy web applications and their services in a highly available and scalable environment.
Ready to join? We invite you to watch this video and learn who we are and how we build and innovates together!