Lead DevOps Engineer
As Lead DevOps Engineer, you will be at the center of our efforts to build and redesign scalable software solutions for our clients. You will design, test, and debug cloud applications and deployment automation to support our client's development teams. Your efforts will ensure we are following DevOps best practices such as infrastructure as code, security as code, use of maintenance automation at all stages of our SDLC. You will report directly to the VP of Engineering in this remote role.
What you get to do:
- Promote an infrastructure-as-code philosophy, using tools like Terraform, Cloudformation, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Lead cloud improvements for availability, performance, observability, scalability, quality, and cost effectiveness.
- Create and educate the team on cloud focused best practices, building blocks, and patterns to ensure deployed solutions are scalable, immutable, and resilient
- Collaborate with technical, application, and security leaders to deliver a reliable and secure platform in GCP/AWS clouds
- Ensure cloud solutions are implemented and delivered with standards that ensure best practices, appropriate controls, and thorough documentation
- Provide technical governance for infrastructure design, deployment, and operations
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Work with the broader engineering team to maintain support
- Work with awesome people daily
Who you are:
You love building and optimizing scalable cloud solutions. You believe in the power of automation and see code as a tool to solve complex infrastructure challenges. You know the ins and outs of deploying and managing applications in a production environment, ensuring uptime and performance are top-notch.
You're a team player who can bridge the gap between development and operations, ensuring smooth CI/CD pipelines and support for live SaaS systems. You're not just technical – you understand the big picture and the importance of delivering a reliable, seamless user experience.
Your natural curiosity pushes you to stay updated on the latest trends and best practices in DevOps and cloud computing. While you're guided by data and results, you're also empathetic, recognizing the human element in the work that you do. The idea of working in a diverse and inclusive team, where your insights and experiences are valued, excites you.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field - we will accept experience or a combination of education and experience in lieu of a degree
- 7+ years full-time experience in DevOps, systems administration, or application development supporting applications in a production environment
- 3+ Years leading Devops and platform initiatives within an engineering team actively shipping applications to a production environment
- AWS, Mongo and Postgres databases, Automation/configuration management using Pulumi, Terraform, Node.js and Continuous Integration tools such as GitHub Actions and CircleCI
If you meet more than 50% of the listed qualifications, please apply!
- 100% Employer Paid Health Care including Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for each Employee
- Mental Health support through TalkSpace
- 401K (no employer match)
- Paid Family Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
Nowsta helps employers become better managers by giving them the tools they need to automate, simplify, and humanize the labor management process. Employees turn to Nowsta to better navigate their work life, with shift finders and reminders, and financial wellness benefit programs and their employers rely on Nowsta to improve operations, reduce turnover, and increase workplace satisfaction.
Workers on Nowsta have access to a suite of services that help them more effectively manage their job schedules and personal finances. Nowstapay is a financial wellness benefit program that allows employees to cash out earnings instantly for the work they've already completed.
Nowsta powers some of the largest workforces in sectors such as events, hospitality, staffing, and many more. Employers turn to Nowsta when they want to improve operations, reduce turnover, and increase workplace satisfaction.
At Nowsta, we promote a diverse and inclusive workplace where differences are welcomed and respected, where different perspectives are expressed and heard. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! Data show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. Our culture enables individuals to share their uniqueness and contribute as part of a team. Nowsta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.