Staff Software Engineer (Backend)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. If you have no credit, it can take years to build that up, even if your financial situation shows that you have the ability to take on risks. In the US, that accounts for almost 20% of the adult population, including 11%, which are entirely “credit invisible.” This directly affects this population’s ability to qualify for student loans, apartment leases, car financing, and anything else requiring a credit score.
We’re building a data analytics platform on top of bank transaction data that enables lenders to evaluate creditworthiness based on a person’s most up-to-date financial situation, opening up opportunities and financial flexibility for all parties. We are backed by leading investors, including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst, and Index Ventures.
For a more in-depth look at our engineering culture, check out our page on Key Values.
- Support and mentor the engineers on the team, elevating overall team capability
- Partner with the engineering manager for technical roadmap & direction
- Identify and solve performance issues in our systems and human processes
- Work collaboratively with Product, Design, and other Engineering teams to enable short-term deliverables and long-term strategic initiatives.
- Design, extend, improve, and manage the complexity of our global financial products.
- Deliver high-quality solutions and features with speed and end-to-end ownership of your projects.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, including experience at a high-growth or early-stage startup
- Strong collaboration skills with both internal and external stakeholders to discover requirements and deliver a solution
- Preferred, but not required: Experience with core parts of our stack; experience at a fintech startup
- Lead the design of a unified data platform capable of seamlessly processing various bank data sources.
- Identify scaling problems within our systems and processes and design and implement solutions that help us scale
- Develop an experiment pipeline to test product changes against historical data.
- Investigate our systems for time performance issues. Design and shepherd appropriate solutions into production.
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and
inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace, and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or