Senior Software Engineer - Mobile React Native
We ❤️ technology. Thoughtful and rigorous product development makes us giddy. That’s why when it comes to software development, everybody plays in the orchestra. We’ve got a fast moving team of engineers led by our Head of Engineering who’s spent over a decade building technology at both Fortune 500 companies and startups. You’ll also benefit from our incredible advisors and experienced management team, who have helped create and scale companies like Square, McKinsey, Google, Frank and Oak, Strava, Instacart, Prodigy, Oportun, Wealthsimple, eBay and more.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Mobile React Native you'll build and scale a best-in-class banking experience as part of a development team focused on new 0 to 1 products including credit card and multi-user banking. You may wear many hats, sometimes acting as technical subject matter expert, mentor, or project lead.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Delivering maintainable and scalable software, using ReactNative, TypeScript, and leveraging iOS/Android ecosystems at your own discretion
- Collaborating with an incredible team of QA, Product, Engineering, and Data Scientists building the right solutions that meet customer and business needs
- Architecting efficient design systems depending on the problem you are solving for, and enhancing the work of your team
- Being hands-on and keeping your thirst for writing code quenched every day; and build upon best practices and guidelines for the team
- Taking advantage of learning programs both within the company, and externally to help you improve your craftsmanship
Today you might be a Senior Mobile Developer, Full Stack Developer, Technical Lead or the equivalent in your company...or something that we haven’t heard of yet - we keep an open mind. The most important characteristic for a Senior Software Engineer - Mobile React Native joining our team is your attitude. We want you to join because you don't see roadblocks, you see opportunities to be at your best. You know that somehow, you and the rest of our team can figure anything out.
The skills required for this role:
- You have 5-7+ years of mobile app development experience
- You have 3+ years of experience using React Native
- You have strong knowledge in at least one modern mobile native programming language (Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C)
- You enjoy developing mobile applications based on technical and functional specs
- You get giddy release planning around future features and business needs
- You’re comfortable working with product and design teams and know how to connect the dots between departments and stakeholders
- You have experience working with secure mobile applications in fast-growing startups (e.g., finance, health)
- You have experience building out products at scale in a SaaS, Payments, or FinTech environment
- You love developing junior and mid level developers into world class senior devs
- You’re familiar working with GraphQL
- You have a strong interest in fintech, finance and entrepreneurship
Our Tech Stack 💻-
- Client-side: TypeScript, ReactJS, React Native, CSS, HTML5
- Server-side: TypeScript (NodeJS), Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, Kinesis, ElasticSearch, Redshift, other AWS serverless tools
- Tools: Slack, Bitbucket, AWS, CircleCI, Kibana, Jira, Serverless framework, Terraform, Sentry
- Integrations: Intercom, Segment, Mandrill, Stripe, Twilio
Our mission is big and audacious, but we're assembling a team to take the challenge head on.
As a Senior Mobile Developer you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We’re a tight-knit team supporting each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We’re really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You’ll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. We believe that a broad array of lived experiences and backgrounds are essential for creating the best possible product and company culture.
- Leadership: You’re right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
- Top-tier health/dental benefits: We care about the people we work with and put their health first. NorthOne is proud to offer inclusive health and dental coverage.
- Flexible working hours: We don't clock in and out at set times. You know when you do your best work. We celebrate accomplishments, not how many hours are spent at the office.
- Unlimited paid time off: We hire talented people and know that they need time off to be at their best. Take as much time off as you need to recharge and make sure you’re working sustainably.
- The latest computer equipment: We make sure you have the best equipment so you can produce great work.
- Professional development budget: We support lifelong learners by covering the cost of classes, workshops and conferences. You'll also get access to our ever-growing library of industry-related books.
- Remote and in person get-togethers: Bond with your teammates over shared interests at regular get-togethers. Find like-minded people who are passionate about everything from sport and music to gaming and cooking.
- Remote-friendly environment: Flexibility to work from home, office, or both! We support our teammates wherever they prefer to work.
- CA and NY base salary range: $120K - $160K
Something looks off?