NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with the development of Claims Department training curriculum
- Plan, prioritize and identify training needs for new projects, initiatives and change, including preparation of communication tools
- Participate in delivering training sessions to the Claims department on policies, procedures and Best Practices
- Partner with Claims Leadership in ensuring that the Department meets its objectives and goals
- Lead people to change, moderating discussions, building moments of reflection, being an expert and sharing his/her expertise, presenting, mentoring, etc
- Assist with identifying knowledge gaps, creating and implementing solutions to improve employee performance
- Keep up to date with developments in the claims industry
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
What We Need:
- 5+ years of claim handling experience in Commercial Auto, General Liability, Professional Liability
- 3+ years experience in training program development
- Strong communication, collaboration, interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills are necessary
- Subject Matter Expert detailed knowledge of marketplace activities, industry concepts and best practices
- Advanced Research Skills to ensure that learning materials are relevant and inspiring
- Engaging, Enthusiastic and Effective Communication Skills ~ clear, concise delivery that can meet various learning styles, create an active learning atmosphere
- Creative thinker with a flexible and strategic approach that fits any environment
- Active listener, able to ask the right questions, recognize and offer solutions to meet the needs
- Adaptable to a fast-paced and ever changing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required in business, education, training, or communications
- Insurance coursework (i.e., CPCU, IIA) preferred
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.