Senior Actuarial Analyst
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
We are looking for a driven Senior Actuarial Analyst to help expand on our actuarial analytics and business intelligence capabilities. In this role, you will be empowered to act autonomously and make data-driven recommendations to our product, claims, finance, and distribution orgs. The ideal candidate would be excited to work closely with data and derive key business insights to drive the profitable growth of the company. If you’re eager to gain closer visibility into all facets of an insurance company and be a part of an exciting industry disruptor, then this opportunity is PERFECT for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Create and refine frameworks to monitor, analyze, and report on historical performance
- Build and maintain tools for insurance pricing, claim analytics, and actuarial reporting
- Conduct independent analyses, generate insights, and translate them to strategic or tactical recommendations
- Collaborate with NEXT’s data science and engineering teams to build and maintain robust databases
- Partner with Risk team to identify and evaluate new third party data sources and vendor solutions to elevate our capabilities in risk selection, loss control, underwriting, and pricing
- Be an integral part of the actuarial community, promulgate best practices, and mentor junior members
- Actively pursue actuarial credentials
What We Need:
- 3+ years of experience in an actuarial role with increasing responsibility
- Proficiency in Excel and SQL for data extraction, cleansing, manipulation, and analysis
- Experience with business monitoring and reporting using Tableau dashboards
- Be a divergent thinker who can proactively identify business needs and deliver creative solutions
- Take pride and ownership in your work products and can execute at a high level with minimum oversight
- Display ability to work closely and communicate clearly and effectively with cross functional partners of varying insurance and technical background
- BA/BS degree required
- Familiarity with predictive modeling and/or Python a plus
- Background in Business owners (BOP) product preferred
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Something looks off?