Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
From the Mayflower to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The 1 trillion dollar insurance industry is fundamental to our economy, but has been slow to modernize. It’s a fragmented market that represents an enormous opportunity. We’re the fastest-growing brokerage in the country because we’re built for the 21st century.
By building a tech-driven insurance brokerage, we're able to transform the experience for our clients and teammates. Our platform eliminates paperwork for clients and gives them a modern dashboard to administer their Property & Casualty and Employee Benefits. For our internal teams, we take repetitive tasks off their plate by automating hundreds of workflows. Finally, we use data and analytics to negotiate with the insurance markets and find the best coverage and pricing.
As part of the Technology team at Newfront, you'll face complex technical challenges like building a files processing engine that can parse and analyze millions of insurance documents or designing a data analytics product that helps HR leaders select among hundreds of plans and vendors.
There are lots of opportunities for growth and ownership, including leading projects and teams. Also, we're eager to leverage new technologies and frameworks. Here are a few examples using LLMs that came from a recent hackathon.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. DE&I is in our DNA and we keep our core values at the center of everything we do. This position is open to remote candidates with Pacific Time Zone preferred. #LI-Remote
Engineering @ Newfront
Newfront is building the platform that powers all insurance and benefits decisions to unlock global economic progress. The core engineering organization at Newfront operates with the mission to provide a transformational experience to clients while empowering the producers and service teams with efficient tools and powerful insights. We strive to make the insurance buying process smooth, seamless, and transparent to businesses while providing a powerful internal ecosystem of administrative tools for insurance professionals to successfully onboard and service the client.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Work as an active owner of Newfront Platform Team’s system and product features.
- Design and build engineering solutions with high reliability and extensibility.
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Collaborate with cross-functional design, product, and data science teams to deliver high-quality products and positive business impacts.
- BS or MS in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years of experience in web application development at scale.
- Experience shipping enterprise products or applications.
- Ability to take a thoughtful, pragmatic, and efficient approach to problem-solving.
- Great communication skills and eagerness to learn and grow.
- Deep experience with cloud infrastructure such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, etc.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure.
- Proficiency in one or more backend server languages (Java/Python/Ruby/Go/C++/TypeScript/etc.). Experience using TypeScript on the backend is preferred.
- Experience with RDBMS such as MySQL/PostgreSQL.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with platform engineering fundamentals like Authentication, Authorization, Search, etc.
- Experience with building devops ecosystem: CI/CD pipelines, local development environment.
The pay range for this position in California, Washington, Colorado, and New York at the commencement of employment is expected to be between $186,800 and $233,500/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, the employee will be in an “at-will position,” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.