Account Executive - Financial Institutions (Remote)
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We've reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We're changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We're a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
We offer onsite/hybrid/remote roles (within USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront's office locations.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for development, communication, and service needs for our client companies and for retaining large, complex accounts through relationship management.
FROM THE TEAM: We are a smart, dynamic, and fun-loving group privileged to be working with some of the most innovative companies across the world. We provide risk management guidance to companies across multiple industries. We promote from within whenever possible and are committed to the professional development of our team members, providing time and funding for courses and seminars. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too!
- This position is a salaried, exempt and full-time position.
- This position may be remote and/or can work from any of Newfront's office locations. #LI-Remote
- This position reports to: VP, Sr. Account Executive/Team Lead.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Manage and retain client relationships as a trusted advisor, often at the most advanced complexity or specialization. Assess client’s risk profile to determine risk and insurance needs and go-to-market strategy.
- Develop and nurture market and carrier relationships within the industries being serviced.
- Partner with production teams to establish and maintain aligned service offerings and delivery of client needs.
- Independently prepare for, plan and conduct client meetings
- Brokering and negotiating insurance lines of coverage directly with insurance markets when possible, while also strategically using wholesalers when in the best interest of the client.
- Manage preparation of new business RFP’s; market new and renewal accounts; develop and manage service calendars and prepare presentations for new clients.
- Provide strategic management new and renewal business risk identification and program design (including contract and claims history review).
- Participate in prospecting activities to both identify and close new business.
- Perform as a subject matter expert and advanced resource. Keep abreast of industry trends, changing markets, reviewing and mastering new or evolving specializations, policies or products.
- Perform thorough contract reviews for clients.
- Perform database file management and input information. Accurately manage and maintain documents in agency management systems.
- Provide mentoring and coaching, as appropriate, to Account Managers and Account Coordinators.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation.
- Professional composure and exceptional customer service skills, diplomacy, professionalism and tact.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and its complex features.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems, create solutions and direct process improvements.
- Thrives working with others in a fast paced environment. Excellent management skills. Ability to train, delegate, provide oversight and give feedback.
- Adaptability and flexibility to proactively anticipate and address issues and client needs.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to navigate demanding schedules, priorities and volumes.
- Ability to learn, adopt and train use of technology systems and software applications.
- Excellent at multi-tasking and flexibility to manage ever changing priorities and deadlines.
- Advanced at multiple and strategic project planning including extended time management.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 7 years of brokerage experience.
- Property and Casualty insurance experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- CA Property and Casualty Insurance license within 3 months of hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require sitting.
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds.
- Requires seasonal or intermittent travelling to visit clients and prospects.
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.