Employee Benefits - Client Manager (Remote)
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2023
Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We've reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We're changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We're a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
We offer onsite/hybrid/remote roles (within USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront's office locations.
This position is responsible for assisting Newfront employee benefits clients on an a day to day basis by servicing them with the optimal combination of employee benefit programs, communication, and service administration to help them achieve their business goals. Your exceptional communication skills help you connect with clients by email and phone - quickly establishing trust and rapport.
The team you’d join is fast-paced, technology-driven, and service-oriented. We partner with large, Bay Area technology clients and value new and fresh ideas. We are highly motivated, inclusive of everyone, and always open to new ideas. If you’re an ambitious and agile self-motivated multi-tasker who’s ready to show up with your best self, you’d fit in with us! A successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to partner with the industry’s leading Account Managers. You must be technology driven and open to learning new systems. You’ll be working with fun, energetic clients, and an expeditious team. Your responsibilities may alter from day-to-day, bringing tremendous growth opportunity. Each client presents different opportunities to provide unique services. We are looking for a partner who thinks outside the box, is skilled at problem-solving, and doesn’t mind juggling competing priorities. Newfront and this team believe in accountability and are in this together – we work together to see the big picture and get the job done and are not afraid to have fun while doing so!
This position is a salaried, exempt and full-time role reporting to the Employee Benefits Service Leader. Requires seasonal or intermittent traveling to visit clients and prospects. This is a US Hybrid/Remote role (Pacific Time Zone work hours required), with the option to work from any of Newfront's office locations. #LI-Remote
What You'll Be Responsible For:
- Build strategic relationships with clients and carrier partners.
- Serve as the primary contact for clients and support Business Consultant or Sr. Business Consultant on client accounts.
- Manage client project plans and leading client calls.
- Assist with client meeting deliverables and actively participate in the meetings.
- Manage the annual client calendar including renewal and marketing processes for clients.
- Attend and conduct all client meetings, including renewal and open enrollment.
- Manage escalated and complex client issues with minimal guidance.
- Manage product and carrier implementations.
- Coordinate the management of client technology solutions alongside the EB Technology team and have basic knowledge of systems.
- Develop and deliver communication strategies for clients.
- Responsible for staying abreast of latest compliance and benefit trends.
- Conduct final review to ensure accuracy of compliance deliverables (5500s, SPD Wraps, annual notices, ACA, etc.).
- Review and oversee outsourced tasks before distribution to the client.
- May train the next level down (i.e. Client Manager may train Sr. Client Representative and/or Client Representative).
- Other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation.
- Excellent customer service skills, professionalism, and tact.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems, and offer solutions.
- Works well with others in a fast-paced environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues.
- Ability to project plan, delegate and provide oversight.
- Adaptability and flexibility to address issues and respond to client needs.
- Ability to analyze data, adopt use of technology systems and software applications.
- Ability to multi-task, understand urgency and deal with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust with clients, carriers, and internal stakeholders.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of insurance industry experience.
- Employee Benefits experience required.
- Independently manage accounts and support complex accounts with guidance from client lead.
- Deep understanding of insurance industry knowledge.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years of Employee Benefits experience in a brokerage setting required.
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- CA Department of Insurance Life License (required or completed within 1 month of start date).
The pay range for this position in California, Washington, Colorado and New York at the commencement of employment is expected to be between $60,500 to $75,600/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, the employee will be in an “at-will position,” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.