Wireless Network Administrator
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
Our Corporate Technology team aims to empower our business units through high impact, technology-driven services and solutions that will enable our company to adapt quickly to our growing customer base. Our high performance team works cross functionally to deliver and maintain systems and solutions to support our growth and drive our business forward.
We’re looking for an experienced Network Administrator to join our team at headquarters in Calgary AB. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the design, engineering, operation, security and general troubleshooting of the network infrastructure within Neo’s environment. This is a hands-on fast-paced role in which you will make use of your skills and experience to accomplish the following:
- Fully supporting, configuring, maintaining and upgrading Neo's wireless and general network infrastructure
- Monitoring network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Adhering to and improving corporate standards for network design, device configuration, cabling and labeling
- Assisting with the design of network models whenever needed
- Testing and verifying Internet services
- Working with ISPs
- Troubleshooting network issues in a corporate environment
- Completing network related audit items
- Responding to high priority tickets during off hours
- Supporting end users with any network related issues
Who we are looking for:
- Experienced wireless network administrator capable of configuring, optimizing, and troubleshooting all aspects of wireless networks.
- Experience with the Fortinet network ecosystem including physical and virtual devices and appliances. Other hardware manufacturers is a bonus.
- You understand that networking is a hands-on role and highly versatile with the ability to transition between different tasks seamlessly. Some example tasks include: troubleshooting a recalcitrant network, climbing a ladder to mount a WAP, repairing a severed network cable under a workstation
- You bring cabling experience including experience with CAT5/6, termination/punch down, structured cabling, best practices wiring, house wiring and TIA-568 standards
- You have IP Networking expertise including IP addressing and subnetting, SDWAN, VPN, WLAN, DHCP, NAT/user sessions, DNS, Radius authentication
- You have a general knowledge of IP ports, Internet services, Switching vs routing, TCP/UDP, Console access, SSH, CLI usage, Cloud vs local, POE, Vlans, Public key encryption and certificates, Security best practices and device hardening
- You stay calm and collected under high pressure situations
- You bring two or more years experience as a Network Administrator role
- You adhere to the highest standards of professional conduct and follow best safety practices
- You’re a self-motivated, continuous learner with a “whatever it takes” attitude
- You take ownership of the situation
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high-performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world-class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Neo Financial is an equal-opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records and credit check