Head of Lending
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
The Head of Lending will be responsible for Neo's unsecured lending strategy and will be responsible for driving receivable growth for the lending business, while staying within the risk tolerances set by the credit risk management team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and lead the lending strategy for Neo, supporting the growth of the business and ensuring its integration into the overall company strategy
- As the champion for retail credit product offerings, this person will be the subject matter expert for all things Credit and collaborates with business partners and stakeholders to analyze needs and opportunities to develop product solutions
- Direct and influence cross-functional teams to implement strategies to grow the lending business, including working with the product and marketing teams to consider and recommend new products, features, or marketing campaigns
- Responsible for managing the product life cycle for all credit products and related business strategies that contribute to portfolio growth, profitability and customer and engagement objectives
- Evolves Neo’s existing product line pricing structures, strategies and tactics to meet changing environments, customer preferences and revenue targets
- Develops and owns the annual operating plan and will identify and implement actions to close gaps and meet/ exceed targets
- Provide leadership to direct reports through training, continuous learning, performance assessment, coaching and recognition
- Drive product enhancements and new initiatives that support the corporate strategy and present these to Neo’s Steering Committee through assessments. business cases and operating plans
Who we are looking for:
- A minimum of 6 years of extensive senior leadership experience in leading at a fast-growing organization, preferably within the retail banking space. Strategy/consulting experience is a plus
- Prior P&L ownership of unsecured lending product(s) preferred
- Extensive experience in retail banking, credit cards, and unsecured lines of credit and loans
- Entrepreneurial DNA - comfortable building a business from the ground up, making decisions in the face of ambiguity (but make data-driven decisions when possible) and dealing with major challenges along the way with poise
- Excellent communication skills - ability to develop concise summaries of complex analyses and data appropriate for various levels of consumption ranging from board members to team members across the company
- Strategic thinker with a strong ‘business sense’
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies. Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer.
We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records and credit check.