Vice President, Deposits
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
The Vice President, Deposits will be responsible for Neo's deposit strategy and will own the strategy and P&L of the deposit business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and lead the deposit strategy for Neo, supporting the growth of the business and ensuring its integration into the overall company strategy
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement strategies to grow deposits, including working with the product and marketing teams to consider and recommend new products, features, or marketing campaigns
- Oversee deposit and risk management policies, procedures, treasury service reviews, regulatory compliance, and team performance to ensure the overall quality of Neo’s deposit portfolio through its banking partners
- Work with Neo’s bank partners to drive deposit gathering, rate management, and implement deposit product / feature strategies
- Provide oversight to ensure that Neo has the proper operational and compliance playbooks to manage deposits on behalf of Neo’s bank partners
- Drive the management and execution of the deposit strategy, including managing KPIs, roadmap, and initiatives
Who we are looking for:
- A minimum of 10 years of extensive senior leadership experience in leading and developing deposit functions at a fast-growing organization, preferably within the retail banking space. Strategy/consulting experience is a plus.
- Extensive experience in retail banking, credit cards, auto loans and personal lending
- Entrepreneurial DNA - comfortable building a business from the ground up, making decisions in the face of ambiguity (but make data-driven decisions when possible) and dealing with major challenges along the way with poise
- Excellent communication skills - ability to develop concise summaries of complex analyses and data appropriate for various levels of consumption ranging from board members to team members across the company
- Strategic thinker with a strong ‘business sense’
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records and credit check.