Senior Associate, Financial Planning & Analysis
Senior Associate, Financial Planning and Analysis
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
We are looking for an individual to join our Corporate FP&A team who may eventually become the leader of that team. This individual will work closely with the Executive team to understand business priorities and reflect them in the Corporate financial model. They will also be responsible for all the coordination work required in putting together Board reporting materials.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the Corporate financial model which is used for all key forecasts in our business
- Work with the Business Unit FP&A teams to understand key drivers for various Business Units and reflect them in the corporate model
- Produce monthly corporate reporting materials
- Own the coordination effort required across the organization in putting together Board / investor reporting materials
- Partner with operations to develop rolling financial forecasts and performance models based on business inputs and key performance indicators
- Evaluate product and business line performance and identify strategic opportunities for improvement
- Apply strong analytical skills, judgment, attention to detail, and creativity to effectively solve problems
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 5 years of FP&A experience at a fast-growing organization
- Experience within Investment Banking of 3+ years would also be considered
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business
- CFA or progress towards a CFA, or an MBA is an asset
- Prior experience within a high growth organization or a professional services environment is a plus
- Proven expertise in Excel modeling, analytics and PowerPoint
- Financial modeling: Experience creating and managing financial models that cover several business units
- Presentations: Experience in putting together presentation materials for Executives and Boards
- Analytics: Like going beyond numbers to identify trends and opportunities by using their Excel skills. Having experience with BI tools and SQL will prove advantageous
- People Skills: Experience in working with business unit FP&A teams and business unit leaders to ensure that periodic corporate reporting materials include detailed commentary on trends and forecast
- Ability to develop concise summaries of complex analyses and data appropriate for various levels of consumption ranging from board members to team members across the company
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal record check and credit check.