Director, Product Design
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
Neo Financial is seeking a full-time Director of Product Design to join our Calgary, AB team and lead one of our Product Design organizations. This role demands a blend of creative foresight, strategic insight, adept leadership, and exceptional communication abilities to steer favorable product results. In this capacity, you'll engage closely with key stakeholders throughout the company. Your role involves discerning and executing strategies to expand our customer base and foster active interaction with Neo's comprehensive set of financial products.
As the Director of Product Design, you will collaborate with product managers, researchers, engineers, and other leaders. Together, you will define, shape, and deliver a diverse range of user experiences across various digital platforms. Your contributions will not only optimize team performance, but also foster an environment of growth and quality. This leadership role entails guiding, mentoring, and scaling the design team and its practices, further solidifying your impact within the company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Strong communication, collaboration, organization, and leadership skills
- Own design execution, feedback, and communication for multiple teams
- Support other leaders and contribute to growth.
- Capable of executing high-value projects with multiple stakeholders, while dealing with competing priorities
- Taking ownership over your team’s work and outcomes with a passion for building world-class experiences with a world-class team
- Ability to understand customer needs, build empathy across your team, and use research in the design process
- Regularly and closely collaborating with Product Management, Engineering and Research disciplines within, and across, departments
- Helping to scale our design org, design and research operations, and the long-term health of our product design system
- Champion design and research operations, and product design system
- Responsibilities include managing, mentoring, and collaborating across teams
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ yrs design management, 7+ yrs UX design
- Strong communication, leadership, and team management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Proven experience as a senior-level product designer, design manager, or similar role
- Experience in financial tech or banking is an asset
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal record and credit check.