Principal Product Designer
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
As a Principal Product Designer, you will work with product managers, researchers, engineers, and other designers to define, shape, and deliver a multitude of experiences across various digital platforms. Your efforts will impact all stages of a project, exercising skills in concepting, prototyping, service design, information design, and research through hands-on work to innovate everyday financial services. As a senior leader in the team, you will also help guide, mentor, and expand the design team and practice.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the definition, creation, and delivery of the most advanced, impactful, and ambiguous challenges spanning our whole product.
- Participate in the discovery and planning of new products and features while driving the design vision across our product suite.
- Working with cross-functional teams (developers, product managers, researchers, content strategists, fellow designers) to drive design vision and strategy that meets the needs of our users. You will help other disciplines understand the value design can bring to a project and ultimately build and ship the best products.
- Illustrate and communicate complex design solutions across use cases by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups.
- Transform research and requirements into deliverables that demonstrate an intuitive user experience.
- Follow established Neo design system patterns while expanding the framework throughout product evolution.
- Work alongside and mentor design colleagues, continually elevating our design practice and quality of experiences.
- Provide expertise to the Director, and Product managers for org-level decision making
Who we're looking for:
- 8+ years of progressive responsibility in product design or user experience design roles.
- Deep experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working with cross-functional teams including development, product management, and user research.
- Expert knowledge of the end to end iterative product design process, including developing and using personas, flows, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals (along with any other frameworks you use).
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your stakeholders understand the “why” behind your design rationale.
- A strong portfolio of work demonstrating industry-leading quality, thoughtful, and meticulous UX and UI work.
- Ability to balance great design solutions with an iterative approach (v1, v2, or v3/Now, Next, Later)
- Experience designing and prototyping complex workflows with Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar tools.
- Deep knowledge of synthesizing research to define gaps in usability, customer desires, and strategic opportunities.
- Ability to drive results independently while thriving in collaborative environments
- Fluency in principles and techniques of information architecture, systems thinking, and user experience design.
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.