Senior Manager, Financial Crimes (Fraud/AML)
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
Neo Financial is looking for a full-time Senior Manager to join our Financial Crimes (Fraud/AML) team in Calgary, AB.
The Financial Crimes team enables a high-growth portfolio with sound risk management principles as related to fraudulent activity. Through leveraging industry experience and advanced analytics, we are looking for high-performing individuals to make an immediate impact via strategic and tactical Financial Crimes risk levers.
What you'll be doing:
- Enhance manual investigation processes by reducing false positives, and providing meaningful data/insights for a deeper review
- Working with the Director, Financial Crimes, identify gaps in Fraud/ML management strategies and propose changes to address them
- Identify negative trends in performance indicators and work with team to implement effective corrective measures with a sense of urgency
- Drive operational performance standards, with full compliance with Risk Management, and Compliance requirements.
- Develop a team of specialists in Fraud investigations
- Partner with operations, product and technology teams in order to mitigate fraud losses and improve business profitability
- Continually drive and lead process improvement and innovation
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years experience in Fraud/AML strategy and investigations with at least 2+ years in a leadership position
- Strong knowledge of rule-based and model-based fraud/ML detection and prevention methodologies
- Proven experience implementing processes/systems, enabling effective Fraud/AML operations and investigations
- University Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Statistics or other relevant fields is an asset
- You proactively seek to improve processes, raising quality and productivity through efficiencies or by implementing best-in-class solutions
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt communication to different audiences including senior management
- You think strategically with the ability to see the big picture may be affected by risk strategies
- You take a collaborative approach and with the ability to engage purposely with stakeholders
- You have experience in a fast-paced environment where competing priorities, uncertain outcomes and iteration is the norm
Something looks off?